Bowling Green Post Game... šŸ˜¢

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
But but but, we had great uniforms of the week. Screw tradition...right ? I hope to gawd we never try to pay tribute to The Black Watch team again!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
14-0 the Dodd had energy not felt on a long time. We punched BG in the face. They responded and punched us in the face...we then did nothing.

I felt if Thacker makes it back from Miami that will be a miracle. After talking with some players parents, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already been told to sell his house. J Batt was watching players sulk off the field at the tunnel and he didn't have a pleasant disposition. He the entered the tunnel. And here our story ends...until the next page is written.

This just sucked. No way to sugarcoat it and yall now I try and see the positives, but there were none. Coaches have blame agreed, but in a world of open portals, the players got to preform. Players trying to shoulder tackle a 5ft running back is just laziness on the player.

But ya know what...I'll be watching and cheering next week. I'll be back in my seat at The Dodd in 3 weeks to watch us beat BC.

Fellas on the team, soak this in. It's supposed to suck. Go out tomorrow and put this one to bed. Take out this upcoming week of shame on Miami. Never have this feeling again.

THWg!

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
Donā€™t let the door hit you in the arse. Iā€™m a longtime Tech fan, graduate, and supporter. Heck yeah Iā€™m frustrated. But as a fan, I support my team no matter. And even after today, Iā€™ll support them just as much as if they had won 54-0. So good riddance. šŸ
Graduate and supporter here too. Iā€™m still supporting GT no matter what but Iā€™m not driving 6 hours each way to watch the games anymore until something changes. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. Iā€™m not in Atlanta so dedicating that much time and effort is not something I take lightly. Hell, I wear my GT stuff all the time at work just to get clowned by fans of every other school. Iā€™m just tired man. We always say ā€œpack the Doddā€ and ā€œletā€™s show outā€ but games like this turn fans away. We arenā€™t a good enough team with enough pull in-state to withstand games like this. We rely on strong support from a smaller fan base which can be fine, but when you burn that fan base time and time again, you have crowds of 10,000 people. I donā€™t have the answer and I wonā€™t pretend like Iā€™m a genius who knows how to solve every problem, but much like a lot of other people on here Iā€™m tired of losing.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Just saw in the postgame presser that key said he doesnā€™t have any concerns about his staff. Welp, it was nice knowing you guys but Iā€™m not dedicating any more of my time to this ****show. If you canā€™t see after the last 5 weeks that your DC is not fit to even coach middle school football then you need to go too. God damn why did I ever choose to root for this team.
With only 9 posts on this board, exactly how much of your time have you been dedicating to the team?

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Out coached (BG was better prepared)
BG was more physical
BG gave more effort
BG was tougher
BG wanted it more, they competed

After going up 14-0 itā€™s like we hit cruise control and then the wheels fell off.

Once you shut it down, itā€™s hard to turn it back on. We saw that today.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone with a better eye answer a question? It seems like the past couple years teams have really begun exploiting our zone blitz with wheel route out of the backfield. Even the announcer mentioned it.

Are we tipping our hand somehow or being to predictable with the call? I understand the DE has to go in coverage and thatā€™s the price you pay, but it seems like we get our hand caught in the cookie jar an awful lot.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
But but but, we had great uniforms of the week. Screw tradition...right ? I hope to gawd we never try to pay tribute to The Black Watch team again!
With Tech's 'marketing' folks, I wouldn't be surprised if next time they want to add some red trim to the black uniforms as a contrast color and think the school will make a lot of money selling the stylish look to fans.

Last edited:

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
With only 9 posts on this board, exactly how much of your time have you been dedicating to the team?
I donā€™t post a lot because I mostly hang out in the swarm chat during games but unfortunately Iā€™ve been a fan since 2017. Only seen 1 winning season and never seen this team ranked.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone with a better eye answer a question? It seems like the past couple years teams have really begun exploiting our zone blitz with wheel route out of the backfield. Even the announcer mentioned it.

Are we tipping our hand somehow or being to predictable with the call? I understand the DE has to go in coverage and thatā€™s the price you pay, but it seems like we get our hand caught in the cookie jar an awful lot.
Maybe the defense is "tipping our hand" but I don't think Bowling Green needed any tips or advantages, they just played hard nose football and whipped us on both lines.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Saban lost to La-Monroe his first year at Bama. Iā€™m giving Key a pass here.

The writing is on the wall for our DC.

This team struggles with success. We saw it at Louisville. We got out to a quick lead and acted like it was over after thinking we were big time for beating Wake.

Disappointed with defense giving up so many 3rd and longs.

Offense was clueless after first two drives. Canā€™t have the ball for 7 minutes in the first half.