Bowling Green Post Game... šŸ˜¢

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Great start, good KO return and then TD.
Good second drive. The tires were flattened.

Stewart was like a hot knife against our warm butter defense.

Turnovers killed us.

Some bad luck penalties, ex. the Biggers facemask to allow BG to death March the middle of the 4th quarter.

Couldn't make 3rd and 1 nor 4th and 1, #sad

Maybe we can spin the play to the recruits at the game to tell them that they have a great chance to start immediately.

We let one one of the worst 3rd down conversion teams look dominant.

We went from one of the better 3rd down conversion teams to looking like chicken litter. We were 2/8 on 3rd. (1/3 on 4th)

Our KO return team had LOTS chances and looked good the first time... not so good after that.

Our run game is not good, see note above were we couldn't get a couple of yards in back to back plays.

This was supposed to be a win.

The Black Watch teams have to be embarrassed... I know I am.

I will be there at the next home game and every remaining game.
Before the season, I predicted we would win 5, doesn't look like it now. A very poor effort from the defense and the offensive line in particular. Hats off to Bowling Green. They wanted it more and went out and got it. They beat us in every facet of the game. A well deserved win for a downtrodden program. Cupcakes no more. As for Tech, looks like another lost year. Our uniforms look to me like Vanderbilt and we played like them most of the day.

There are players who need to be shown the door and some coaches as well. A tough call for Key but it has to be done if he does not want to have his tenure become like Collins' did.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
For the first time in 14 years of GT football Fandom I left a game early, and not only early, but before the end of the 3rd. I guess this week will be very productive cause I won't spend time keeping up with the team.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
While I'm pretty bummed about this result I'm not as mad as I would have been a few years ago. These last few years have really worn me down where it's just like oh another loss to a below average program
This.....
Almost to the point of acceptance.
Prez angel needs to open the purse strings and finish the staff reconstruction

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I thought the argument against him was he wanted to bring his defensive staff from coastal with him?

That was the argument that actually made sense on why to pass on him. Deriding his offensive system as a 'gimmick' is the one that didn't and it happened here, other GT boards, and in r/cfb so I'm poking fun at those who unironically felt that way.

Gotta have my fun where I can because it looks like I'm certainly not gonna get it from this team or coaching staff.

slugboy

Staff member
Most gutted I have felt since the NIU loss a couple of years ago. Lets just hope the wheels don't fall off the wagon
Thatā€™s a similar game. You have a team you should beat, thatā€™s ready to get back on the bus and go home as soon as they show up. You give them a little hope and let them find out that you can be pushed around. Then they continue to beat you up for three quarters until they win the game.

This one is worse, thoughā€”they beat us 38-27, and our last score could be considered to be in ā€œgarbage timeā€.

As much credit as was given to their QB and their RB, their OL and their DL straight-up won vs us. The tackling was a travesty.

Key has to do something after this game. Maybe some coaches get replaced, maybe itā€™s mat drills for the players on Monday until they get tougher.