Bowl Season

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
That article was written on November 17th lmao. All it did was list every injury throughout the whole year. Multiple guys on that list played against Florida “bro.” It’s football, injuries happen throughout the year. If you want to play that game then you might as well throw out the last few games Tech played this year because we had guys out for injuries. One of our best athletes at WR/TE missed the entire season. UCF didn’t have guys out because they opted out for the draft or were transferring, Florida did.

I just don’t understand why you’re trying to so hard to say UCF won’t be beatable next year. If anything it would help your argument against Collins to say we should absolutely be able to beat them. Because then if we don’t or get blown out it looks even worse. UCF was not very good this year, and they will probably be about the same next year. It shouldn’t be that controversial.
Those guys were players with season ending injuries, lost throughout our the year, not sure how your little mind cannot comprehend that lol.

I never said they are not beatable, I said they are not likely beat by Collins. Is that clear enough for you?
Merry Christmas

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Those guys were players with season ending injuries, lost throughout our the year, not sure how your little mind cannot comprehend that lol.
Looks like your goose is cooked buddy. Somebody didn’t actually watch the game, or even bother to look up the stats, and just wanted to let the world know he hates Geoff Collins. Go ahead man, tell ‘em again.
2B3DA6FB-1EEE-4672-9ED3-CC3417EA9D66.jpeg

2942EB2B-09C6-4EA1-9AA7-79EF246131D8.jpeg

9F909451-A854-4A2C-AA5F-871D63E295F6.jpeg

Not sure how your little mind couldn’t, ya know, actually get anything you said correct. But Happy Holidays to you too

Btw, UCF isn’t a good team and wasn’t missing anybody due to opt outs or transfers in the Gasparilla Bowl like Florida was 🤗
Hell, they even lost to that moron Scott Satterfield who Geoff Collins beat 😆

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Looks like your goose is cooked buddy. Somebody didn’t actually watch the game, or even bother to look up the stats, and just wanted to let the world know he hates Geoff Collins. Go ahead man, tell ‘em again.
View attachment 11878
View attachment 11879
View attachment 11880

Not sure how your little mind couldn’t, ya know, actually get anything you said correct. But Happy Holidays to you too

Btw, UCF isn’t a good team and wasn’t missing anybody due to opt outs or transfers in the Gasparilla Bowl like Florida was 🤗
Hell, they even lost to that moron Scott Satterfield who Geoff Collins beat 😆
So 3 of the players were back, one half played. You got me so good lol.

I'll be extremely surprised, pleasantly so, if CGC beats Gus next year. That's the whole point here. I'm curious what you think or chances are next year against UCF.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The narrative that comes to mind is how every year the SEC either has a good bowl year, winning most of their matchups, or a poor bowl year finishing .500 or lower. In the first case they will always say “it’s because we’re a stronger conference,” whereas in the second case they will always say, “these were meaningless bowls and we weren’t really trying.”

CEB

Helluva Engineer
The narrative that comes to mind is how every year the SEC either has a good bowl year, winning most of their matchups, or a poor bowl year finishing .500 or lower. In the first case they will always say “it’s because we’re a stronger conference,” whereas in the second case they will always say, “these were meaningless bowls and we weren’t really trying.”
Precisely...
when you think about it, bowls haven’t meant much for a long time. Since CFP, they don’t mean squat unless you’re top 4. Since the players realized the bowls don’t mean squat, seniors opt out of playing so they don’t get injured and affect draft stock.. so the bowls diminished lower than squat. Since the advent of portal, underclassmen also now opt out also so they can transfer healthy, therefore the bowls mean even less than lower than squat. Since covid has even further diminished the necessity of bowl games, they’re really non-events. But when the media steps back and realizes the whole thing is about $$$ and they burn down the institution to the detriment of their own livelihood, they welcome the opportunity to talk it back up... and what better way than to jock sniff the biggest revenue generating conference in the land?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So 3 of the players were back, one half played. You got me so good lol.

I'll be extremely surprised, pleasantly so, if CGC beats Gus next year. That's the whole point here. I'm curious what you think or chances are next year against UCF.
Oh no. Poor little UCF had 3 guys miss multiple games with injuries this year 🥺🥺. Guess we better go ahead and crown them national champs since they had to go through so much adversity. I’m sure you don’t give the same benefit of the doubt to Collins’ teams when he has injuries though? Let’s just go ahead and claim wins against Virginia because our OL was depleted, and against Notre Dame and Georgia because Sims or Jared Ivey didn’t play, and Gibbs missed most of the Georgia game.

You seem extremely adamant about defending UCF for some strange reason. Maybe we’ll see you at the Bounce House next year? You should be pretty easy to spot wearing black and gold while the rest of us wear navy and white 😃

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Oh no. Poor little UCF had 3 guys miss multiple games with injuries this year 🥺🥺. Guess we better go ahead and crown them national champs since they had to go through so much adversity. I’m sure you don’t give the same benefit of the doubt to Collins’ teams when he has injuries though? Let’s just go ahead and claim wins against Virginia because our OL was depleted, and against Notre Dame and Georgia because Sims or Jared Ivey didn’t play, and Gibbs missed most of the Georgia game.

You seem extremely adamant about defending UCF for some strange reason. Maybe we’ll see you at the Bounce House next year? You should be pretty easy to spot wearing black and gold while the rest of us wear navy and white 😃
Do you think Collins beats UCF next season? That's the question. I don't care about UCF, I don't think they are some amazing team. Just pointing out that they were still missing several players and only 3 partially came back. That's not the point, and I fear you may be illiterate. Do you think Collins beats UCF next season?

(Btw it's white and gold, not Navy and white. Are you sure you're a Tech fan?)

Last edited:

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
You forgot to add, “besides, we mighty SEC teams beat each other up on each other so much during conference play that we had nothing left in the tank for our bowl games…”

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
(Btw it's white and gold, not Navy and white. Are you sure you're a Tech fan?)
Jimminy Christmas it was a joke dog. You sure you aren’t the illiterate one? Here I’ll break it down for you: UCF’s colors are black and gold, and people on this board think Tech uses too much navy and not enough gold, some go as far as suggesting navy is our new primary color. That one really shouldn’t have been that hard to figure out
Do you think Collins beats UCF next season? That's the question. I don't care about UCF, I don't think they are some amazing team. Just pointing out that they were still missing several players and only 3 partially came back. That's not the point, and I fear you may be illiterate. Do you think Collins beats UCF next season?
Not sure why you keep coming at me with these personal attacks when you’re the one who has been wrong about nearly everything you’ve said. “Several” key players? Dude. They had 3 guys out. By the time any team has played 12 games it’s almost a guarantee they’ll lose at least 3 guys to season ending injuries. All I was saying is that Florida had 3 guys out who were transferring and 1 opted out for the draft. I’m sure they had at least 3 guys who were out for injury as well. The QB who ended the year as their starter was out, and I’m sure there were 2 more somewhere.

Do I think Collins can beat UCF next season? Absolutely I think he can. I think he should, and if he doesn’t or gets blown out by them it will be another black eye on him. That’s where this whole argument stems from. You don’t think Collins has a chance to be UCF just because you don’t like him. But what I don’t get is why you’re trying to build UCF into some powerhouse that dominated Florida while playing 3rd stringers. They aren’t and they didn’t. IMO if you wanted to sh*t on Collins harder you’d be downplaying UCF so that if he doesn’t beat them it looks even worse. But your whole character on here is just hating Collins and nothing else, so good luck with that.

I’m waving the white flag. So I guess you can tell me one more time how much you hate Collins and how good UCF is. GGs home boy

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Jimminy Christmas it was a joke dog. You sure you aren’t the illiterate one? Here I’ll break it down for you: UCF’s colors are black and gold, and people on this board think Tech uses too much navy and not enough gold, some go as far as suggesting navy is our new primary color. That one really shouldn’t have been that hard to figure out

Not sure why you keep coming at me with these personal attacks when you’re the one who has been wrong about nearly everything you’ve said. “Several” key players? Dude. They had 3 guys out. By the time any team has played 12 games it’s almost a guarantee they’ll lose at least 3 guys to season ending injuries. All I was saying is that Florida had 3 guys out who were transferring and 1 opted out for the draft. I’m sure they had at least 3 guys who were out for injury as well. The QB who ended the year as their starter was out, and I’m sure there were 2 more somewhere.

Do I think Collins can beat UCF next season? Absolutely I think he can. I think he should, and if he doesn’t or gets blown out by them it will be another black eye on him. That’s where this whole argument stems from. You don’t think Collins has a chance to be UCF just because you don’t like him. But what I don’t get is why you’re trying to build UCF into some powerhouse that dominated Florida while playing 3rd stringers. They aren’t and they didn’t. IMO if you wanted to sh*t on Collins harder you’d be downplaying UCF so that if he doesn’t beat them it looks even worse. But your whole character on here is just hating Collins and nothing else, so good luck with that.

I’m waving the white flag. So I guess you can tell me one more time how much you hate Collins and how good UCF is. GGs home boy
Hey man you came at me with the personal attacks. Sorry for calling you illiterate. We can agree to disagree. Merry Christmas.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello Jackets. Dropping by for the insomniacs in the forum that the Gophers take on West Virginia Tuesday night at 10:30 PM EST in the Guranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix.

Certainly no match of FB titans but thinking my Gophers match up pretty well with the Mountaineers...or Eers as they call themselves. Still the line is -4 Minnesota so the money says may be close.

As an aside Guaranteed Rate Bowl was the Insight Bowl in the late 90s into the 2000s. I believe Minnesota still holds the record for greatest choke in a bowl game at half-time against Texas Tech in 2006. We were up 35-7 at the half and went on to lose 44-41 in OT to Mike Leach and his Air Raid offense...most Gopher fans knew 28 points was not enough against TT. We are 0-3 in Phoenix bowls over the years so hoping to notch a W with this one.

Otherwise know it was a tough season for Tech. Hoping the holidays at least are going well and 2022 will bring better times for both your Yellow Jackets and my Golden Gophers. Billd.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Purchased 2 Peach Bowl tickets for this coming Thursday’s game in MBS for #11 vs. #13, in hoping my son can see another good game in person attending a Dome(we loved the GT/UNC experience)this year.

One gripe I have is not about sitting in 101, which looks like a neutral section, although I’m pulling for the Pitts-you get service charges of $30, but they can take up until game time for the seller to email the tickets to a mobile phone. Vivid, StubHub, et al, are the same because the Benz set those ticket office guidelines of no paper or mailings.

Edited to say: BGopher, I’m pulling for you guys over Manchin’s Mounties.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will watch as long as i can - to cheer u guys on. Thanks for dropping in at swarm
Please Avoid saying Detroit.

PS i was at Baylor when air raid visited them. 42 to 3 with 5 minutes to go in first half. The baylor head coach was clueless. Now he is very high paid DC = kevin steele.