Bowl Season

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
There also wasn’t much to be confident about against Clemson, UNC, Virginia, or Miami and we found ways to win/stay in those games. UCF played with as much fire as they had tonight as were very unimpressive on both sides of the ball. They will be about on par with anybody not named Clemson in the ACC next year. Certainly no where near the level of UGA or ND, and therefore they will certainly be beatable.
The good news is UCFs quarterback transferred he tore us up…

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
UCF was missing a bunch of starters, including their starting QB.

Beatable is a relative term. I wouldn't call anyone we play beatable while Collins is here.
You do realize that if they skip a bowl, they are skipping for the 2022 draft which means they will not be on the 2022 team right?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
You do realize that if they skip a bowl, they are skipping for the 2022 draft which means they will not be on the 2022 team right?
I was taking about the other poster's point of UCF being essentially fully loaded vs a UF team that wasn't motivated. Just pointing out that UCF was also handicapped.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
UCF was missing a bunch of starters, including their starting QB.
Where did you see or hear UCF was missing starters? I haven’t found anything that shows UCF missing anybody from last night. Gabriel, their “starting” QB only played in 3 games this year and went into the portal midway through the year. Florida’s QB lost his starting job at the end of the year and then went in the portal, but still for some reason played on the bowl game. The guy who took over the starting role had knee surgery and was out. Florida was also missing 4 defensive starters via the portal and draft opt outs. Don’t know anybody from UCF that didn’t play. This was also the same Florida team that gave up 52 points to Samford, and 40 points to a South Carolina team averaging 21 a game, 109th in the country.
Beatable is a relative term. I wouldn't call anyone we play beatable while Collins is here.
Then honestly what’s the point in even watching or caring or posting on this board anymore. I couldn’t imagine sitting around being a titty baby all the time

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here are the rules for the CFP for this year.

The College Football Playoff Management Committee announced Wednesday that semifinal games will not be made up if a team does not have enough players available due to COVID-19 cases. If a team is unable to field enough players, it would forfeit the game and its opponent would advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship.

If both teams in a semifinal are unable to play, the game will be declared a no contest and the winner of the other semifinal will be declared the national champion. If three of the four CFP semifinal teams are left unavailable due to COVID-19 issues, the lone remaining squad would be deemed national champion.

"If one team is able to play and the other is not and the game cannot be rescheduled or is rescheduled and cannot be played, then the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and the other team shall be declared CFP National Champion," according to the official CFP policy.

Finally, should national title game fail to be rescheduled prior to Jan. 15, then the championship will be declared vacant.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Where did you see or hear UCF was missing starters? I haven’t found anything that shows UCF missing anybody from last night. Gabriel, their “starting” QB only played in 3 games this year and went into the portal midway through the year. Florida’s QB lost his starting job at the end of the year and then went in the portal, but still for some reason played on the bowl game. The guy who took over the starting role had knee surgery and was out. Florida was also missing 4 defensive starters via the portal and draft opt outs. Don’t know anybody from UCF that didn’t play. This was also the same Florida team that gave up 52 points to Samford, and 40 points to a South Carolina team averaging 21 a game, 109th in the country.

Then honestly what’s the point in even watching or caring or posting on this board anymore. I couldn’t imagine sitting around being a titty baby all the time
From the broadcast of they game they mentioned missing players and who they were, I'm not going to look it up for you.

I'll always be a GT fan, that means I'll be very happy when success comes, and critical when there isn't. Can't deal with it? That's tough luck for you, just hit the ignore button if it bothers you that much. I personally enjoy debating this stuff with you guys, even if it's discussing the shortcomings.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
From the broadcast of they game they mentioned missing players and who they were, I'm not going to look it up for you.

I'll always be a GT fan, that means I'll be very happy when success comes, and critical when there isn't. Can't deal with it? That's tough luck for you, just hit the ignore button if it bothers you that much. I personally enjoy debating this stuff with you guys, even if it's discussing the shortcomings.
Sounds like UCF didn’t actually have anybody of note out then if I can’t find a source that mentions even 1 player out, and you can’t be bothered to look it up. So we’ll go back to a fully loaded, high intensity UCF beat a bad, unmotivated Florida team with no coach.

All saying UCF will be beatable means that if we come out and get blown out of the stadium then the staff did a horrific job of prepping the team and changes need to be made. There’s no reason to go into the UCF game expecting them to play like UGA, because there should be a way to win the game. But being critical is one thing. Being just an all around miserable pessimist is another. I know you don’t like Collins. I get it. So does everyone else. He sucks right now, and Georgia Tech football sucks right now. But looking at next year’s opponents and seeing teams we should have the ability to beat is just such a weird time to bring in your hatred for Collins. But you do you boo boo

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But you do you boo boo

Go Blazing Saddles GIF

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hmm this sounds very serious. How many pro and college athletes died of COVID this fall?
I know that some people go to work no matter how sick they are, and the only way they would miss work is if they are dead, but that is never a good standard if you want to practice good community hygiene and avoid infecting the vulnerable in society.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I know that some people go to work no matter how sick they are, and the only way they would miss work is if they are dead, but that is never a good standard if you want to practice good community hygiene and avoid infecting the vulnerable in society.
Logical leap w no numbers.
Ominicron seems to be mild.

I am going to candle light worship.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like UCF didn’t actually have anybody of note out then if I can’t find a source that mentions even 1 player out, and you can’t be bothered to look it up. So we’ll go back to a fully loaded, high intensity UCF beat a bad, unmotivated Florida team with no coach.

All saying UCF will be beatable means that if we come out and get blown out of the stadium then the staff did a horrific job of prepping the team and changes need to be made. There’s no reason to go into the UCF game expecting them to play like UGA, because there should be a way to win the game. But being critical is one thing. Being just an all around miserable pessimist is another. I know you don’t like Collins. I get it. So does everyone else. He sucks right now, and Georgia Tech football sucks right now. But looking at next year’s opponents and seeing teams we should have the ability to beat is just such a weird time to bring in your hatred for Collins. But you do you boo boo

Not that hard bro. They had several key players out.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Not that hard bro. They had several key players out.
That article was written on November 17th lmao. All it did was list every injury throughout the whole year. Multiple guys on that list played against Florida “bro.” It’s football, injuries happen throughout the year. If you want to play that game then you might as well throw out the last few games Tech played this year because we had guys out for injuries. One of our best athletes at WR/TE missed the entire season. UCF didn’t have guys out because they opted out for the draft or were transferring, Florida did.

I just don’t understand why you’re trying to so hard to say UCF won’t be beatable next year. If anything it would help your argument against Collins to say we should absolutely be able to beat them. Because then if we don’t or get blown out it looks even worse. UCF was not very good this year, and they will probably be about the same next year. It shouldn’t be that controversial.