Bowl Season 2020

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson’s D, especially their back half, is just not that good. I may be wrong, but this might be sa(t)an’s easiest championship yet. TOSU will come out of this game beat up, & Bammer is healthy and wealthy with talent on top of talent. Fields is good, but he is playing right now after some good pain meds.

Interesting. I have been disappointed (?) by their front 7. ND really punished them, and OSU has done the same. Not much pass rush from Clemson in either game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On a related topic, how do we go about getting an offensive line like Oklahoma? Florida looked helpless trying to stop them. I think Oklahoma could have hung with any of the playoff teams this year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
On a related topic, how do we go about getting an offensive line like Oklahoma? Florida looked helpless trying to stop them. I think Oklahoma could have hung with any of the playoff teams this year.
Simple. Recruit 13 4-star lineman and a 5-star.

Also, this is interesting and it’s an example of how truly top-heavy college football is.

For reference, Georgia is ranked #1 in team talent, Alabama #2, Notre Dame #8, and South Carolina is #21. All 4 of the playoff teams are in the top 8. 7 of the top 10, 9 of the top 12, and 10 of the top 25 are in NY6 games. Cincinnati and Iowa State are the only teams outside the top 25 to make a NY6 game.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I agree Bama will be favored-- 7-10?

OSU is much more physical. After that fumble,

No idea, but if it is 10 or less, I would take Bammer all day. I believe Fields, if he can play, will not be much of a running threat, with either bruised or cracked ribs, making Bammer’s talented D only have to defend 10. I believ TOSU keeps it close through 2 1/2 quarters, but NFL Tuscaloosa begins to run away in the 3rd and wins by at least 17-20.

The only way the game can be close is if Bammer’s NFL quality O line can’t block TOSU’s D-line, and I doubt that will be true.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. I have been disappointed (?) by their front 7. ND really punished them, and OSU has done the same. Not much pass rush from Clemson in either game.

TOSU has a very good O-line, so I guess the lack of a consistent pass rush did not surprise me as much as how lost the back half seemed in coverage for a lot of plays. And, they looked very slow. I am also amazed with Clemson’s high level of recruiting that they seem to be very short on quality LBs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After tonight... 0-4

...with NCST & UNC going tomorrow

UNC has no business playing Texas A&M. 7.5 point line is a lock for A&M to embarrass and destroy UNC. A&M should have been in the championship series and will show it today.

But I think NC State is a reasonable hope the ACC will not go 0-6.

ND has lost their last 7 New Year's Day games. And has the one of the most consecutive bowl losses in history (it was maybe 10 years ago). But the ND hype machine and media exposure $ keeps them in there year after year.

As others have pointed out, the mismatch in talent makes CFB non-competitive for most games. Doesn't help the brand but IIWII.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No idea, but if it is 10 or less, I would take Bammer all day. I believe Fields, if he can play, will not be much of a running threat, with either bruised or cracked ribs, making Bammer’s talented D only have to defend 10. I believ TOSU keeps it close through 2 1/2 quarters, but NFL Tuscaloosa begins to run away in the 3rd and wins by at least 17-20.

The only way the game can be close is if Bammer’s NFL quality O line can’t block TOSU’s D-line, and I doubt that will be true.

Bama 7.5 and 76 O/U. But ask Clempy how that spread worked out. With the start of the game last night and tOSU going 3 & out and Clempy waltzing down the field, it's kind of amazing how things changed.

That said, I agree tOSU is pretty beat up and Bama's scout team would probably be top 10. I'd take Bama -7.5.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I think there was a lack of effort by some of the guys on UF's defense. All it takes is one or two and things unwind quickly.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
UNC has no business playing Texas A&M. 7.5 point line is a lock for A&M to embarrass and destroy UNC. A&M should have been in the championship series and will show it today.
SWMBO is an Aggie, so I watch a lot of A&M football. The only good team they beat this year was Florida. After that, they beat a very down SECW and the bottom end of the SECE.

I've never thought their QB came through in big games (but he looks great against lesser competition). I don't know that A&M won't beat NC, but I don't think they would have beaten any of the playoff teams, Oklahoma, Georgia, or Cincy to come up with 7.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
While I have always believed every P5 conference is more equal than people like to admit and conference bowl records are more a product of randomness than conference superiority, this is a pretty ****ty look for the ACC that's going to give a bunch of morons a talking point.

Also ridiculous the SEC having a good record so we have to listen to the stupid SEC chant from asshats that cheer for their own rivals.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
While I have always believed every P5 conference is more equal than people like to admit and conference bowl records are more a product of randomness than conference superiority, this is a pretty ****ty look for the ACC that's going to give a bunch of morons a talking point.

Also ridiculous the SEC having a good record so we have to listen to the stupid SEC chant from asshats that cheer for their own rivals.
Not so fast... you're right about ACC. But SEC, B12, & B1G will fall out about even.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

But I think NC State is a reasonable hope the ACC will not go 0-6.

ND has lost their last 7 New Year's Day games. And has the one of the most consecutive bowl losses in history (it was maybe 10 years ago). But the ND hype machine and media exposure $ keeps them in there year after year.

As others have pointed out, the mismatch in talent makes CFB non-competitive for most games. Doesn't help the brand but IIWII.
This didn't really age well. There was no real difference between these teams until UNC began dropping passes in the 4th quarter.....

Agggies are soild, but they ain't all that....