Bottom25 10/13/20 (Vandy #1 and OleMiss/MissSt arrive)

GT_EE78

Banned

GT_EE78

Banned
Yet another weekend filled with B25 action:

GOCOTW #7 MTSU @ #4 N Tex

#5 USF @ #23 Temple
#9 So Miss @ #21 UTEP
#16 Tex St @ #20 Salabama
#14 Navy @ #19 E Car
special shoutout to #10 Syr for being a 3.5 underdog at home against Liberty
#22 Mizu @ #1 Vandy postponed LOL- we know the real reason,don't we?

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Yet another weekend filled with B25 action:

GOCOTW #7 MTSU @ #4 N Tex

#5 USF @ #23 Temple
#9 So Miss @ #21 UTEP
#16 Tex St @ #20 Salabama
#14 Navy @ #19 E Car
special shoutout to #10 Syr for being a 3.5 underdog at home against Liberty
#22 Mizu @ #1 Vandy postponed LOL- we know the real reason,don't we?
That loss is looking worse and worse

GT_EE78

Banned
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...bottom-25-after-mike-leachs-offense-sputters/

All of our opponents so far this season except UCF are on the list. One more opponent on the list to go (Duke) but there's always the chance NCSU will do NCSU things and make an appearance on the list
@bwelbo probably thinks Duke will finish last in the ACC,
but i think Syracuse and FSU will be giving them a run for their money.
At least the ACC writers have egg on their face since it ain't gonna be us!

Deleted member 2897

@bwelbo probably thinks Duke will finish last in the ACC,
but i think Syracuse and FSU will be giving them a run for their money.
At least the ACC writers have egg on their face since it ain't gonna be us!

yeah, I know I like to hate on Duke. They may not finish last, but what I got butt hurt about was that the ACC sports writers picked us to finish last, when we haven’t finished last in the last 25 years - not even last year. Duke has finished last literally half the time in the last 25 years. So you would think as a starting point at least pick them early in the season.

Duke still plays NC State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, and Florida State. So there is still a lot of potential shuffling yet to be had amongst all these teams.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@GT_EE78 Really Cuse is a dog to Liberty? @CuseJacket Is there a rash of injuries or just blatant disrespect?
Yes, QB out for the season. Back-up is a fit along the lines of Calvin Booker running the option. But also, while this doesn't make the Vegas odds ok, Liberty is getting votes in the Coaches poll this year (8 votes this week) and have become a transfer destination under HC Hugh Freeze. Vegas considers Liberty > Duke this year, as an example. We typically schedule 2 worse OOC opponents each year.
That loss is looking worse and worse
Yea, I mentioned that in another thread. It'll continue to look worse as the season goes on with their only viable QB out for the season. We know what it's like to not have a QB for the offense. And they were already missing 4 OL, their top 2 RB, and now their best player (safety) who was injured pregame vs. us, among other attrition. They won't be favored in a game this entire season.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, QB out for the season. Back-up is a fit along the lines of Calvin Booker running the option. But also, while this doesn't make the Vegas odds ok, Liberty is getting votes in the Coaches poll this year (8 votes this week) and have become a transfer destination under HC Hugh Freeze. Vegas considers Liberty > Duke this year, as an example. We typically schedule 2 worse OOC opponents each year.

Yea, I mentioned that in another thread. It'll continue to look worse as the season goes on with their only viable QB out for the season. We know what it's like to not have a QB for the offense. And they were already missing 4 OL, their top 2 RB, and now their best player (safety) who was injured pregame vs. us, among other attrition. They won't be favored in a game this entire season.
Babers has been there for a few years now... How can he only have 1 viable qb for his system on the roster?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
That line is BS unless Cuse has a bunch of starters missing due to Rona. No way under any kind of normal circumstances Cuse is a dog to Liberty at home OR on the road.
Liberty is a solid team. Hugh Freeze is doing a hell of a job up there. They are 4-0 and been dominant their last 2 games. They should keep it close. They may lose, but they won't lose by more than 10.

Deleted member 2897

Liberty is a solid team. Hugh Freeze is doing a hell of a job up there. They are 4-0 and been dominant their last 2 games. They should keep it close. They may lose, but they won't lose by more than 10.

My favorite part of that story is that they are a “Christian” University who went out and hired Baylor’s Athletic Director from during the football team’s sexual assault scandal and coverup, they hired Hugh Freeze who oversaw a massive scandal of recruiting violations at Ole Miss, and their President of the University was involved in numerous sexual scandals with his wife and had to resign.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My favorite part of that story is that they are a “Christian” University who went out and hired Baylor’s Athletic Director from during the football team’s sexual assault scandal and coverup, they hired Hugh Freeze who oversaw a massive scandal of recruiting violations at Ole Miss, and their President of the University was involved in numerous sexual scandals with his wife and had to resign.

I saw this quote yesterday whilst doing some reading, loved it and find it relevant to your point and pretty much spot on.

"I've come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out." - J. Fugelsang

slugboy

Staff member
Syracuse playing Liberty has some controversy up there: http://dailyorange.com/2020/10/dabbundo-syracuse-shouldnt-be-playing-liberty/

Liberty University (not the original name) was founded by Jerry Falwell and his church in Lynchburg in 1971. His son became the president, and had a primary focus of having a big-time football team and sports programs. From reading a lot of the articles, it’s really “primary”—other aspects of the university are secondary.

They’ve gone heavily into the online model (similar to University of Phoenix Online), and that’s the bulk of their students and academic revenue.