Bottom Line

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Bottom line is this, folks:

CPJ has given us two of the best seasons in GT football history, and a lot of good ones besides that. Remember, we beat the #1 preseason UGA Dwag Girl Scout sales team in 2008.

I'm as pissed as most of you, but I'm also as optimistic as most of you. This was not necessarily going to be our year. The schedule was not good, and losing multiple NFL players was no bueno. Could we have won both games? Yes. In fact, we were in both games. Should we never lose to Duke? I'm of two minds: one. it's ******* DUKE, but two, it's Butriffe's Duke, not your grandfather's. PLUS, we have been hit in critical areas with injuries - even not counting those who are out, we have some gimpy football players right now, BURDEN being number one - and don't think for a minute the lack of success on the interior isn't due to his gimpiness.

OF COURSE CPJ deserves the benefit of the doubt. Was this the best two weeks of his tenure? Hell, no. He'd be the FIRST person to tell you that. Could we have prepared better? Some say yes, some say no - but I'll rest my hat on CPJ's 30+ years of doing this. Ted Roof isn't always as aggressive as I like, but I've come to see him as opening up conservative to see what they're doing and then adjusting. There have been numerous times he's shut down elite offenses in the second half. @33jacket and I may be huge Tenuta fans, but we stonewalled some big offenses (2014 FSU, 2014 UGA, etc.) in the last few years, especially in the second half.

To me, the big concern is PLAYER LEADERSHIP. I don't know what's wrong with JT; maybe the junior year at TECH is balls to the wall hard; maybe we were spoiled last year with the veterans.

The ONLY concern I have, personally, is Mike Sewak. He's had ONE good year in four, and that doesn't justify continuing on at GT. That might be good enough for Louisiana Sister of the Blind, but to me, loyalty to CMS has been CPJ's flaw to date.