Bottom 25 (GT fell up to #13 amid tumultuous week) 11-19-19

GT_EE78

Banned
Baylor/Minnesota are no longer undefeated but who cares,
because Rice and New Mex ST are no longer winless
Akron (anchored at #1) is the sole winless team.
See Link for the new FBS bottom of the barrel.
Last week's worst of the P5 (Northwestern) has stunned the world with a 41 point victory.
Seeds are all new in the mythical Bottom 25 playoff to determine who the worst P5 team is:
1)#8 Vandy
2)#9 Rutgers
3)#12 Arkansas
4)#13 Ga Tech

With these four and NW all at 2-8 , these last two games hold incredible suspense.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...have-just-two-chances-remaining-to-get-a-win/

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Last week's worst of the P5 (Northwestern) has stunned the world with a 41 point victory.
Seeds are all new in the mythical Bottom 25 playoff to determine who the worst P5 team is:
1)#8 Vandy
2)#9 Rutgers
3)#12 Arkansas
4)#13 Ga Tech

With these four and NW all at 2-8 , these last two games hold incredible suspense.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...have-just-two-chances-remaining-to-get-a-win/
I vote we destroy NC State and knock them into the bottom 25 :)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
1)#8 Vandy
2)#9 Rutgers
3)#12 Arkansas
4)#13 Ga Tech

Pretty bad, but I suppose it could be worse...we could be Maryland which has the distinction of being the first team to start the season in the top 25 and end it in the bottom 25. That is what I call falling off the cliff so to speak. If we win Thursday night, it is possible that NC State will join the bottom 25. I do not know if a win will be enough to move us out of the bottom 25. Right now, I would say based on what I saw last Saturday that we are pretty much a bottom 25 team but we could probably beat the rest of the bottom 25. Most of those teams have just 1 or 2 wins just like us so there is that. NC State has won 4 and currently there are no bottom 25 teams with 4 wins.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If we crap the bed against NCState and then get royally shellacked by the Dwags, do we have a realistic chance to be the best worst team in the bottom 25?

GT_EE78

Banned
If we crap the bed against NCState and then get royally shellacked by the Dwags, do we have a realistic chance to be the best worst team in the bottom 25?
if that means "can we wind up worst in FBS and ranked #1 in this poll? '
realistically No, Akron has 0 wins and is unlikely to get any. this poll weights SoS and margin of victory very lightly.
To fall below another P5 that is ranked below us would likely require them to win another game.
It's heavily W-L based so if all 25 lose then rankings may not change.