Boston College Post Game Thread

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bad day for King. AND no pass rush killed us. Good effort otherwise. But pick 6, and interceptions are hard to overcome.
It's simply going to take more than one year to rebuild. The big bodies needed on D are just not there. Deperately need a pass rush line we simply don't have. Coaching can only do so much. NIL and recruit!

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Not gonna win many games when you throw 3INT's and one is a pick 6. Another, they scored on the very next play. That's 14 pts off picks and we lost by 15

Ball also got the ground way too much. Gotta protect the ball

But then it will be just getting let down by another sport🥲. At least we have baseball to look forwa… never mind. Let’s just become a golf school

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Four plays stuck out in my mind:

King throws a comeback route, BC player makes a circus catch while our WR makes a basket catching motion. No coming back to the QB, no fight for the ball, waiting for the ball to come to him, TD BC.

Defense gets a TO, and we drop back to bomb it, good protection, great throw, he doinks it off his hands.

Down 8, third down, BC wr makes a catch while sliding on the ground.

Fourth and 1, down 1, bc opens the Red Sea and qb runs untouched into the end zone.

Just a microcosm of the game, where neither team was that good but BC made plays when needed to and we did not.
King started pressing late and the defense gave up to make it look worse, but this is a game we could have/should have won if we make a few of those plays on either side of the ball.

Key continues to make questionable timeout calls. Going for it on fourth from the 47 was the absolute right call, and we should have in hindsight, but calling a timeout then punting is beyond dumb. He wants to play defense late when this team has absolutely collapsed on defense late in games this season. We are not deep on D. We cannot play NFL ball with this team. We need to take some chances, even if it burns us.

We aren’t an embarrassing team anymore but we are still a long way from being good. Barring some big upsets, we are home for the holidays again.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
Get used to it. This is our program now and not changing any time this decade. Just enjoy the wins we do pull out miraculously like Miami. We are not at the level where we should expect to win any game ever no matter who we play.
Not with an attitude like that.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Bad day for King. AND no pass rush killed us. Good effort otherwise. But pick 6, and interceptions are hard to overcome.
It's simply going to take more than one year to rebuild. The big bodies needed on D are just not there. Deperately need a pass rush line we simply don't have. Coaching can only do so much. NIL and recruit!
We have been “rebuilding” for 5 years now. How much more rebuilding is needed?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Don’t get used to having Singleton. I’m sure other team’s coaches are already reaching out through back channels.
Oh yeah I've had my money on him being gone since the 2nd game of the season. He's light-years away from anyone else on this team talent wise. You don't keep talent like this anymore at a program like ours.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
i’ve attended every home game for the past 9 years. i will continue to do so because it’s quality time spent with my dad. can anyone explain to me why i should believe tech should be any different. we’ve hired two bozo coaches in a row and now we get to sleep in the bed we **** in

You are certainly welcome to your opinion. Graduated in 1988 with my wife and have been season ticket holders for 34 years. Been through the good, bad, and ugly. Frustrating, yeah. But I choose not to dump on our team. You do you.