Bolden suspended

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Syracuse isn't playing in the ACC tournament because of a self-imposed penalty.
I have not tried to do any research on this, but has an ACC team ever not played in the tournament? When I think of "post season" games, the ACC Tournament is not part of that thought.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I have not tried to do any research on this, but has an ACC team ever not played in the tournament? When I think of "post season" games, the ACC Tournament is not part of that thought.
Maryland did not participate in 1991 as they were on probation and banned from playing on TV.

Similarly UNC did not participate in 1961 as they were on probation.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thankfully UNC learned their lesson from 61 and never cheated again.
It depends on your definition of cheating. According to my UNC neighbors, players were thrown into tough classes with no real instruction or guidance, and asked to write a paper, which would count for their entire grade, without knowing the criteria used to grade the paper. I think Tech is a tough school, but would we do that to our athletes? Hell no! (wink, wink)

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
It depends on your definition of cheating. According to my UNC neighbors, players were thrown into tough classes with no real instruction or guidance, and asked to write a paper, which would count for their entire grade, without knowing the criteria used to grade the paper. I think Tech is a tough school, but would we do that to our athletes? Hell no! (wink, wink)

Did they also have to walk to school, in the snow, uphills, both ways?