Bolden suspended

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Ha, Peacone! zing!

Bolden has never met my expectations on or off the court. He always looks lazy and disinterested. His defense always leaves something to be desired, and despite everybody closing out on him at the 3-pt line, he only recently figured out that he can drive the ball with effectiveness. His game really has potential, but he has regressed over the 3 seasons I have watched him play. Maybe there is something going on off the court that affects his game. Kinda looks that way. If so, I hate it for him, but he has been given the chance to succeed at GT, and has made numerous mistakes.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Psh, CBG is one to talk........

We have lost 10 games by an average of 3.8 points? Well so far, knock on wood, we have not had any of those 40 to 60 point loses like we did at the end of Cremins.

I am betting at one point you thought gailey was the greatest because we went to consecutive bowl games that no longer exist in cities that no longer exist.

Just guessing.

Bolden is the latest failure BG has on his list of failures. Solo kicks Bolden's arse in locker altercation and he is gone shortly there after. Now Bolden is suspended. Robert Carter transfers for unknown reasons. Bolden was supposed to be a steal. He was a UMIAMI commit that he got to flip. How many more program killing mistakes is going to be allowed to make?

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Bolden is the latest failure BG has on his list of failures. Solo kicks Bolden's arse in locker altercation and he is gone shortly there after. Now Bolden is suspended. Robert Carter transfers for unknown reasons. Bolden was supposed to be a steal. He was a UMIAMI commit that he got to flip. How many more program killing mistakes is going to be allowed to make?

Where'd you hear that about Solomon? I thought it was never made public what happened with him?

I was under the impression that the fight between Bolden and Poole was common knowledge. I'm not saying Solo was dismissed because of that, I was referring more that both players have been trouble and both players were brought here by BG. The altercation occurred early last year. I could only imagine it had to do with Bolden shooting brick after brick and still getting the green light as well as a starting spot. Not to mention he was coming back from suspension because of a DUI. Team chemistry is vital for success. We all know this from watching CPJ battle this. We see the benefits of team chemistry on the football field now. Basketball is another story.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With 4 games left it will be interesting to see if Chris gets back on the court.
Disappointing. CBG has said nice things about him the last couple of weeks and deservedly so - but this isn't the first time Chris has been suspended.

Solo needed to go. Was a high risk high reward that was a bust. Kids did not like playing with him. Look at how FAU is doing with him (they are 4 and 10 with him and he continues to jack up shots and turn the ball over at rates that are ridiculous).

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I am a bit surprised at the level of negativity towards Bolden. I don't believe he was a particularly highly regarded recruit, and actually may have hurt himself a bit by playing better than expected the second half of his freshman year. He never matched that level last year, and started slowly again this year. That said, I was particularly encouraged that he seems to have bought into defense this year and never myself saw what I would consider an attitude problem from him on the court. His shooting numbers in ACC play have also been pretty good.

It isn't like he is the only player that has failed to develop under CBG, and he was still starting most games for a reason (as bad as he may be, he is still among the best we have). As frustrating as his inconsistencies have been, he has still been more consistent than either Solo or Jackson, who both clearly have more talent. If he is really gone, I consider that a loss and think it will hurt next year's team.

Last edited:

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I could only imagine it had to do with Bolden shooting brick after brick and still getting the green light as well as a starting spot.

I have to imagine this is a joke. Solo jacked up more ill advised bricks than about any player I can imagine in the last 20 years of Tech basketball. Bolden is really really inconsistent, but I think generally takes good shots. He just isn't a great shooter. If Solo really thought he was a smarter basketball player than Bolden, he had much bigger issues than I thought.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I am a bit surprised at the level of negativity towards Bolden. I don't believe he was a particularly highly regarded recruit, and actually may have hurt himself a bit by playing better than expected the second half of his freshman year. He never matched that level last year, and started slowly again this year. That said, I was particularly encouraged that he seems to have bought into defense this year and never myself saw what I would consider an attitude problem from him on the court. His shooting numbers in ACC play has also pretty good.

It isn't like he is the only player that has failed to develop under CBG, and he was still starting most games for a reason (as bad as he may be, he is still among the best we have). As frustrating as his inconsistencies have been, he has still been more consistent than either Solo or Jackson, who both clearly have more talent. If he is really gone, I consider that a loss and think it will hurt next year's team.

To be fair Jackson is only in his first year...and played half of two seasons...Bolden is a Junior and is still inconsistent as he was his FR year.

Fwiw, he was rated as the 106th player in the nation by Rivals coming out of HS.

How many times has Bolden been in trouble now...2 or 3?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Losing as many games as we have lost, the way we lost them, can be very stressful for players. When you get blown out every night, the answer is clearly, "We aren't very good." But the blown leads and failed comebacks leave everyone wondering what is wrong that can be fixed. I am sure the players and coaches have had some emotional discussions. It is the case that not everyone handles the frustrations of life as well as they could. Hopefully, that is all this is.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
To be fair Jackson is only in his first year...and played half of two seasons...Bolden is a Junior and is still inconsistent as he was his FR year.

Fwiw, he was rated as the 106th player in the nation by Rivals coming out of HS.

How many times has Bolden been in trouble now...2 or 3?

Listen, I like Jackson and have high hopes for him. His athleticism is clear. That said, I watch freshman all over the country play meaningful minutes and make big contributions. We needed that from Jackson. That said, I put the blame on CBG, not Jackson. For both players really. Except Boldon's off the court issues. Those are on him. And if he screwed up again and needs to be dismissed, I will have no problem. I just think that hurts us on the court and am surprised so many other posters seem to be dismissing that.