Bobby Dodd Stadium @ Historic Grant Field

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
The stadium is owned and operated by the GTAA, correct? I know we put in the turf to be able to have events as well. Is Covid the reason we are not utilizing this advantage as much as possible?

I know a bunch of people in the Atlanta music scene(guy that does Shaky Knees and the owners of Terminal West, Eastern, Variety PH)and I wonder how much additional revenue could be brought in to the coffers by Various artists playing at the stadium.

I know events were planned and canceled but shouldn’t there be a concert series or other small events booked?

I think a BBQ, blues and brews event could be awesome. I also think that the stadium could be set up in various ways to hold smaller events as well as the big ones. Kpop and the stones are the ones that come to mind.

Due to Covid the outdoor venues should be more desirable but Alpharetta and Lakewood are not convenient for out of towners. We really need to use this to our advantage.

Signed,
HUGE live music fan.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The stadium is owned and operated by the GTAA, correct? I know we put in the turf to be able to have events as well. Is Covid the reason we are not utilizing this advantage as much as possible?

I know a bunch of people in the Atlanta music scene(guy that does Shaky Knees and the owners of Terminal West, Eastern, Variety PH)and I wonder how much additional revenue could be brought in to the coffers by Various artists playing at the stadium.

I know events were planned and canceled but shouldn’t there be a concert series or other small events booked?

I think a BBQ, blues and brews event could be awesome. I also think that the stadium could be set up in various ways to hold smaller events as well as the big ones. Kpop and the stones are the ones that come to mind.

Due to Covid the outdoor venues should be more desirable but Alpharetta and Lakewood are not convenient for out of towners. We really need to use this to our advantage.

Signed,
HUGE live music fan.
I think this is in the same direction of TStan's plans. I think it will eventually go this route. This may be the ticket to getting the athletic department budget on par with the factories, that way CGC or whoever is in charge of the FB program can have the necessary funds to actually compete.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer