Bobby Dodd Renovation in the NE Stands

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agree, it’s awkward and embarrassing. I stand, but frankly, I feel bad about it sometimes because there is a couple in their 70’s who would rather be sitting in the seats behind me.

On the other hand, we are doing this particular gimmick all wrong. I attended a GT bball game at Notre Dame a few years ago, and they do the same thing, except they stand until the visiting team makes its first basket. It’s a subtle difference, but the crowd is much more motivated to stand and remain standing and be loud when they think they are negatively impacting the opposing team.
ND is a our goal to model = 100% grad rate, fans in certian section wear designsted, pre game all fans are super ambassadors, post football game both teams exit north stands and both sets of families greet kids, well orcastrated events hours before game (more than football event) , my preference - lots of band and less DJ canned music., etc

We are on way w coaching, player size. In 15 after game the size difference between the defensive teams was stark. Our best players were equal to thiers, but our bench was astoundingly undersized. One injury and the "quick" undersized was obviouly slow and small at end of game.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
ND is a our goal to model = 100% grad rate, fans in certian section wear designsted, pre game all fans are super ambassadors, post football game both teams exit north stands and both sets of families greet kids, well orcastrated events hours before game (more than football event) , my preference - lots of band and less DJ canned music., etc

We are on way w coaching, player size. In 15 after game the size difference between the defensive teams was stark. Our best players were equal to thiers, but our bench was astoundingly undersized. One injury and the "quick" undersized was obviouly slow and small at end of game.
The stadium is at full capacity when the players exit the tunnel too - no trickling in throughout the first quarter. Maybe they show up for big games like OSU last season but I've been in libraries louder than Notre Dame Stadium though.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
2D3EC4F5-70B3-460F-A57B-C78C3E8440A6.jpeg

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
@Towaliga
Where did they move you to?
214. Unfortunately, some friends we have sat next to for almost 10 years who called the day after we did couldn’t get seats in our section (even though my ticket rep had told me they would put a freeze on the seats next to ours).

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My seats in 218 are officially gone. 😢

I started in 2015 in the upper north behind the goal post and nearly every year since moved closer and closer to a much lower seat and better angle on the west edge of section 218, now gone. My season seats have been relocated back up high and much farther from the field. Not happy but recognize that this may be an improvement for GT so I will try to accept it.! At my age I am approaching the time when getting to and from and in and out of the stadium is becoming a much bigger challenge. This seat location move will probably unfortunately shorten my season ticket life. Section 218 had other very tangible advantages not available in other seating areas. Like age 55 it was nice while it lasted but I will not be getting it back.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
214. Unfortunately, some friends we have sat next to for almost 10 years who called the day after we did couldn’t get seats in our section (even though my ticket rep had told me they would put a freeze on the seats next to ours).
That's terrible. GTAA needs to do better. Half the draw of Georgia Tech season tickets for me is the relationships formed with seat neighbors.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
While we're talking sound systems and DJs, can we finally give Emcee Terry the boot? I've been to one Tech game where he wasn't present and his replacement brought about 10x more energy to the building. Dude just sucks life out of the stadium with his drab and disinterested delivery every freaking game. We're in Atlanta and we can't find a better hypeman/hypewoman?
The lady that filled in for the Duke basketball game last year was excellent. Wish they'd bring her back. (It helped that Tech won)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The lady that filled in for the Duke basketball game last year was excellent. Wish they'd bring her back. (It helped that Tech won)
Yep that was the game I was referring to. I know it's Duke and getting the crowd/students up for that particular opponent is as easy as it's going to get but she was still incredible. Maybe this is a stretch, but that game was incredibly tight - do we lose that game in another universe where Terry is working it? Less crowd energy --> less team energy

Just genuinely stunned GTAA never brought her back the rest of the season. UNC was a close second but Duke was the most fun game of the season. Is GTAA not partially in the business of creating fun, high-value experiences that bring in repeat customers?

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Just noticed the East seats either got replaced or painted white.
I like the look
I wish they would have spent that money on more west seats though

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Just noticed the East seats either got replaced or painted white.
I like the look
I wish they would have spent that money on more west seats though
That's just the shadowing I think - the seats in the front rows still appear to be gold. If they were going to replace the seats, they should do them multicolored so it looks like the seats aren't vacant. All ticketholders in CL1-4 are usually too busy enjoying the windowless dentist office beneath the seats to come out and support the team.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
That's just the shadowing I think - the seats in the front rows still appear to be gold. If they were going to replace the seats, they should do them multicolored so it looks like the seats aren't vacant. All ticketholders in CL1-4 are usually too busy enjoying the windowless dentist office beneath the seats to come out and support the team.
I gotta say I don’t think it’s shadowing. Look how different the arms looks from the seats. I know what you’re saying but I think it’s actually white, which looks solid!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I gotta say I don’t think it’s shadowing. Look how different the arms looks from the seats. I know what you’re saying but I think it’s actually white, which looks solid!
They’re still gold. It’s just the shadows that make the faded plastic look lighter, and the metal arms have not faded and retained more of their gold color.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Who's the jerk with the ugag bag sitting in the stands?!?!
They are doing 7V7 camps. I assume he is a high school player on one of the teams. There are plenty of players there that are being recruited by GT. Whether he is being recruited or not, he is a high school kid who might not understand the animosity towards him for having mutt gear in the stadium.