Bobby Dodd Renovation in the NE Stands

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
The ACC is not going to break apart. If the GOR is tossed or invalidated by the court, the ACC might lose 2-4 teams. It seems that F$U and Clem would go, if asked, and maybe Miami. I am not at all sure any other would go, even if invited.

There are now 17 teams plus ND playing football in the ACC. If the two above leave, there would still be 15 plus ND. The ACC might become more like the B12 than currently, but it won’t suddenly become the MAC.
I don't think the entire conference will collapse. But we will likely lose UNC & UVA, in addition to FSU & Clemson. And who knows? If UNC leaves, the power structure in that state might get NC STate into the P2 as well. We might end up at 12'ish programs. If that happens, we need to be in as good a condition as possible within whatever is left of the ACC, because nothing ever stays the same with conference re-alignment.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the entire conference will collapse. But we will likely lose UNC & UVA, in addition to FSU & Clemson. And who knows? If UNC leaves, the power structure in that state might get NC STate into the P2 as well. We might end up at 12'ish programs. If that happens, we need to be in as good a condition as possible within whatever is left of the ACC, because nothing ever stays the same with conference re-alignment.
I’d be shocked of any of the Triangle schools leave the ACC.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Remember that by law, uva and VT must be in the same conference. The law was enacted when VT joined the ACC.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Remember that by law, uva and VT must be in the same conference. The law was enacted when VT joined the ACC.
It would be interesting to see what happens if the law in VA and the BOR rules in NC cause those schools to have no offers from any conference. IF there are more shakeups, it would seem possible to me for VT and NC State to get invitations to the SEC If UNC and VA both join the Big 10. I don't see either the SEC nor Big10 asking all four of those schools to join. Trying to ensure good landing spots for all could end up blocking good landing spots for those who could get them. (Not that I believe the ACC's fall is imminent, just thinking about the irony of the strongarm rules.)

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Cause this is what we do

Clark Gable Nod GIF

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I believe that the State of NC would change the laws in a heartbeat to ensure a good landing spot for UNC, not sure about the UVA/VT situation though. Maybe the laws could be amended to just require that they play each other every season.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Good news: apparently construction is finally underway for the new athletics building.

Bad news: the new renderings look nothing like the original plans
8D9F0A97-0DEE-4234-AF84-7C76A054D37F.jpeg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Is it a hot take that I prefer the brick version? Yeah it’s more “mid” but it fits way better with the stadium and the rest of east campus.
I don’t think the brick looks bad at all. But when you compare it to the scale and “modernism” of the original renders it looks a little underwhelming.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I like the new brick renders better as well, the building doesn't integrate well with the stadium in the original renders imo

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the brick more, but I wish it were tall as the first renderings with the viewership tower feel.
I like the open ~plaza~ aesthetic on the first two levels, but if they added one or two more floors of windowed suites it would really stand out and maybe even match the high-rise theme all around the stadium.

Either way, really excited to see this. What’s currently there is such an eye sore on the inside of the stadium.