Bobby Dodd grass

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
oar2.jpg

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Alabama installed Northbridge bermuda grass last year and the players are reported to love it. The old turf was ripped out after their spring game and the new grass installed in July. It would not surprise me at all to see Batt do something similar.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Does someone have the full history of turf and grass at Grant Field? I remember it being Astroturf in the late 80s.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I believe it was grass up to the Astroturf in the 1970’s/early 80’s, All-Pro Turf in the late 80’s/90’s, grass in the late 90’s/2000’s, and the Shaw Turf since 2019.
Look at our home record since going to the Shaw Turf. I think that alone justifies both replacing it AND going to Shaw and asking for a full refund plus interest. Otherwise we will go public with this data.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Alabama installed Northbridge bermuda grass last year and the players are reported to love it. The old turf was ripped out after their spring game and the new grass installed in July. It would not surprise me at all to see Batt do something similar.
Yes. If it was to get replaced it would be with a bermuda type grass and it wouldn’t be installed until the weather gets nice and warm

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It was a post from GT about the new sneakers

Russell from rivals then tweeted this:

This is such a weird promo. Not only is he pretending to mow turf, the field isn’t painted for it to even look nice. If they wanted him to “mow” why not go to the practice field? Or Russ Chandler since baseball season is coming up? And if they insisted on doing it at BDS why didn’t they at least put a fresh coat of paint down?

GT marketing is so dumb