Bobby Dodd Communications Dept

Declinometer

Banned
Please focus on the game tomorrow and stay away from all of the timeout promotions that have nothing to do with promoting the destruction of Clempson! Let's just get it out of the way right now. We love the first responders and we love the Vets and we love the children that need toys for Christmas!
Let's just roll their ***!!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know.... I was there and something about the banana thing that was hilarious. Could've also been because we were smoking CU!
Same here. My son and I were absolutely cracking up every time they'd put those banana dudes on the screen the entire game. Perhaps it was the butt-whipping we were laying on Clemson at the time that helped it to be so funny, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. We still laugh about that night sometimes when something reminds us of it.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
"I'm a banana" was classic. #5 clemson sitting at 8-0 comes into atlanta to face a tech team on a two loss streak, and we absolutely dominate them while there are students in the stands wearing banana suits and dancing to their own video/music on the jumbotron.

SMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
"I'm a banana" was classic. #5 clemson sitting at 8-0 comes into atlanta to face a tech team on a two loss streak, and we absolutely dominate them while there are students in the stands wearing banana suits and dancing to their own video/music on the jumbotron.
This. Believe this was also the game for the Eric Cartman, "I've got a golden ticket" bit, which I still reference to this day. Stuff like this is good, so long as we are winning, which I believe we will be.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like someone needs to get ALL THE WAY TURNT UP

So, fun fact about this.

A friend of mine is the person who actually got that song played during the VT game. At the time he was in State's graduate program for sports administration and worked in the GTAA. He went to UGA as an undergrad and worked in their AA while at school in Athens. One of his theories was that in-stadium music was grossly underused as a way to get the fans/team pumped up after big plays, especially coming out of timeouts. It's just hard to keep a crazy crowd going when there's 2-3 minutes of nothing.

He was especially angry about a particular UGA game, (I think 2007 UGA/SCarolina) game when they played some country song coming out of a timeout for a big 3rd and long that killed the crowd instead of Soulja Boy, which had just come out and everyone on the team was listening to all the time. He thought it was better to get the players/students excited and then let that drive the rest of the fans in the stadium.

Anyway, needless to say, he doesn't work in that world any more, but the 09 VT/GT game and that song are like his crowning achievement of in-stadium-music effectiveness.

megatron

Jolly Good Fellow
So, fun fact about this.

A friend of mine is the person who actually got that song played during the VT game. At the time he was in State's graduate program for sports administration and worked in the GTAA. He went to UGA as an undergrad and worked in their AA while at school in Athens. One of his theories was that in-stadium music was grossly underused as a way to get the fans/team pumped up after big plays, especially coming out of timeouts. It's just hard to keep a crazy crowd going when there's 2-3 minutes of nothing.

He was especially angry about a particular UGA game, (I think 2007 UGA/SCarolina) game when they played some country song coming out of a timeout for a big 3rd and long that killed the crowd instead of Soulja Boy, which had just come out and everyone on the team was listening to all the time. He thought it was better to get the players/students excited and then let that drive the rest of the fans in the stadium.

Anyway, needless to say, he doesn't work in that world any more, but the 09 VT/GT game and that song are like his crowning achievement of in-stadium-music effectiveness.

Interesting. I was manning the video boards during that game. Definitely a crowning achievement for everyone involved. What was his role specifically during that game (only curious because I knew everyone involved with that video and none of them were an undergrad at UGA)?