Blocking coordination

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
My point was that it's not inexperience at all. In the slightest. This WAS the deepest, most experienced line we've had at Tech since.... O'Leary? Dodd?
Did we have an experienced OL to start the season? Well we thought so. But currently? NO.

We don't have a ton of experience on the OL or anywhere else on offense.

Justin Thomas, Freddie Burden, Trey Braun, Errin Joe, Bryan Chamberlain.... That is it. And 2 of those 4 OL don't even start anymore. Also 2014 was JT's first year as a starter. And he was surrounded by EXPERIENCE.

Shamire Devine? Redshirt Sophmore - LIMITED REPS FROM 2014
Will Bryan? True Freshman - STARTING RT
Trey Klock? Redshirt Freshman - STARTING LT
Brad Stewart? True Freshman STARTING WR
Ricky Jeune? Redshirt Sophmore - STARTING WR
Marcus Marshall? True Freshman
Mikel Lands Davis? True Freshman STARTING AB
Marcus Allen? Redshirt Junior - BASICALLY A FRESHMAN IN TERMS OF GAME TIME EXPERIENCE AT BB
Patrick Skov? Senior - BASICALLY A FRESHMAN IN TERMS OF GAME TIME EXPERIENCE AT BB
Ike Willis? Redshirt Junior - A FEW REPS FROM 2014
Taquon Marshall? True Freshman
Clinton Lynch? Redshirt Freshman STARTING AB
Lynn Griffin? Redshirt Junior - BASICALLY A FRESHMAN IN TERMS OF GAME TIME EXPERIENCE AT AB
Qua Searcy? Redshirt Freshman

WHERE IS THE EXPERIENCE AT???

Snoddy and Summers returned experience but we know what has transpired with that.

CURRENTLY we don't START very much experience on the offense. CPJ has had to lift the redshirt on many a player due to injury.

We have been blown out in 2 of the 8 games we have lost. The other 6 we have had a great opportunity to win. IMO that says a lot about a team with little to no experience.

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan
Not so sure I would agree with this; PJ said after the game that we executed better than we had at Notre Dumb and Puke.

i'd agree with that. the second half of my post is probably poorly worded. other than the really inopportune fumble and the failed goal-line possession we definitely looked more together on offense against UNC.

my main point was that i thought that the no huddle was implemented in order to help us get on the same page with our checks and blocking assignments.

Last edited:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
A lot of things can happen that can confuse the blocking schemes, but without sounding snarky or pointing fingers, particularly since The Man himself said it, during a radio show he commented, "Some of our guys can't recognize a 4-3 vs. a 3-4 or a 3-technique or a shade ... my daughter was doing that when she was 5. We've got to coach it better."

So ... take from that what you will.
What should the OL do when you've got 3 or 4 down linemen, 2 outside LB's and maybe 1 safety, all up on the LOS, telling you "we're all comin'", and they all do come? I swear it looked like 5 trying to block 7 or 8 sometime.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
What should the OL do when you've got 3 or 4 down linemen, 2 outside LB's and maybe 1 safety, all up on the LOS, telling you "we're all comin'", and they all do come? I swear it looked like 5 trying to block 7 or 8 sometime.
I will assume (and coming from me, we really do know what 'assume' means :) ) that in that case the BB/ABs/WRs not carrying the ball on the called play had better help out and block. This imo only is where the injuries, youth and inexperience are really showing up.