Black Watch Replica Leak

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well you know the much maligned Ted Roof was the captain and leader of the famed Black Watch defense. I could literally envision many members of the Hive standing and actively booing Ted Roof. I guy who literally gave his blood, sweat and tears for Georgia Tech but unfortunately did not meet the expectations of many Hivers as a coach at his alma mater. Ted just know, there are a lot of us that still remember you with fondness and wish you well.

Go Jackets!

Scubapro

Banned
Well you know the much maligned Ted Roof was the captain and leader of the famed Black Watch defense. I could literally envision many members of the Hive standing and actively booing Ted Roof. I guy who literally gave his blood, sweat and tears for Georgia Tech but unfortunately did not meet the expectations of many Hivers as a coach at his alma mater. Ted just know, there are a lot of us that still remember you with fondness and wish you well.

Go Jackets!
Yep...I remember George Welch saying Roof's defense cost Joe Hamilton the Heisman trophy due to not being able to stop Wake Forrest and Virginia.
I loved watching him play. He had the 'IT' factor...the defense played beyond itself when he was in the game. Those folks don't come along that often.
As a coach ....not so much.

Nope - there is even an article on ramblinwreck.com about it. We were going to attempt a pass, but Ross Browner sacked Lanier for an 8 yard loss. We never attempted one. I was also at the 1974 game in Athens and we completed several passes in that game
That sack still would confirm that we were at least attempting to throw a pass. I know there was one game against the mutts where we didn't even attempt a pass. If not 1974, when was it?

Go Jackets!
I think virtually everyone remembers and loves Ted Roof the PLAYER. But, sorry if this offends you, as a COACH, he was terrible.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I think virtually everyone remembers and loves Ted Roof the PLAYER. But, sorry if this offends you, as a COACH, he was terrible.

Ted isn't that bad of a coach. He like tenuta coach a style of defense that doesn't really work against spread offenses and uptempo offenses. When he was coaching linebackers they were not making bad steps etc.

Ted isn't that bad of a coach. He like tenuta coach a style of defense that doesn't really work against spread offenses and uptempo offenses. When he was coaching linebackers they were not making bad steps etc.
Then he should have stuck to just coaching linebackers. I found a lot of fault with Tenuta, but he DID give us some fantastic defensive games, though just not enough of them. I can't remember one single Roof-coached game that I would boast about.

Scubapro

Banned
Then he should have stuck to just coaching linebackers. I found a lot of fault with Tenuta, but he DID give us some fantastic defensive games, though just not enough of them. I can't remember one single Roof-coached game that I would boast about.
Yeah...The bend don't break scheme doesn't seem to work against spread offenses.
Ted always tried to keep everything in front of them and not get beat over the top. That always got us nickle and dimed to death while waiting for the offense to make a mistake.
Tenuda always clobbered young / inexperienced QBs and offensive coordinators that didn't prep for multiple blitz packages. However, when he ran into a senior QB we got picked apart.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Can’t decide if I like the Colorado look better or the Army look better. Certainly doesn’t look like Tech.
Ha! nothing about this team looks like a real "Tech " team. After Stansbury news letter asking for more donations Collins better have taken notice. Another 40 point defict won't set well with Todd!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Straight fire.

Well I will say, regardless of the outcome of Saturday’s game, this is dope. If it doesn’t get you pumped than get your heart checked by a car battery because you don’t have a pulse.

I don’t practice Santeria, I ain’t got no crystal ball. If I had a million dollars, well I’d, I’d spend it all )to buy a win this weekend for the white and gold during the revisit of TheBlackWatch™).

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer

That video reminds me of this.
Unis look great. Hope we don’t disgrace them. If we were playing at night with a full crowd we may have a chance but....2020

ND by 20 and I’ll be there...for at least 3 quarters.