Bitpay to Sponsor GT

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea of bitcoins. Basically untraceable money if you do it correctly. Alot of the underworld uses this im sure. Im curious to see how successful these types of companies become. IMO It spells out clearly that the world is trying to transition into 1 currency. Not to get too conspiracy theorist on this site, but I dont personally like the implications of this.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like the idea. BitCoin is likely, although not certain, to become a large part of the world's financial world's transactions. Just like Nike has sponsored Oregon, this could be the start of something bigger for GT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin. As BitCoin may to some extent displace credit cards and central banks, these organizations need to protect their interests from something new. Any form of payment can be abused for illegal reasons, BitCoin maintains a public register of transactions; but thieves have been getting around constraints forever. Interesting discussion in the Wiki article.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
They are currently the leading bitcoin payment company if I remember currently. It would be awesome if an Atlanta Tech company made it huge, one that is a GT start-up!
I'm still waiting for the Soylent sponsorship although they aren't based in ATL. :cool: