Bill Connelly's Georgia Tech Preview

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I lived in north west Alabama in the late sixties and knew well the hate that Alabama fans had for everything Tech and it's fans, and vice versa. When Curry signed on at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, I knew he would NEVER be accepted by Tide nation. I suspect he knew that too since he played during the Chick Graning incident and the Dodd/Bryant feud. He probably did it for the money.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Yes that is probably spot on plus he was not the sacrificial lamb to follow the Bear. Poor Ray Perkins had that mountain to climb and got run out of town for his troubles so Bill probably thought he would be given a moment's grace. He did not think that for very long I bet .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He has an interesting formula, but in my opinion he didn’t make the right adjustments. Mainly he has the Defensive S&P going from 100 to 102. I think the new staff at Temple was in the 40’s and 30’s. I feel they can improve us to at least 80’s. I agree with Offensive S&P going from 40 to 57. So that little change would have us win a couple more games to put us at 6 wins.

I don't know about the number crunching but I do know that defense as played for the past decade is not going to cut it. We have to play better on defense because the triple option will not be there to chew up the clock and limit opponent's possessions. Similarly, special teams will be more important and it is absolutely critical to get more three and outs. As for graduation losses, I am going to be brazen here so if you are upset fire away: Frankly, I don't think we are losing that much in graduation losses. The talent was just not there. Parker, Brandon, and Amree are the ones that I think we will have trouble replacing. The main obstacle to a bowl season of any kind will be winning the close ones with the usual suspects: Miami, UNC, Duke, Virginia Tech, and Virginia. Pretty much have to win 3 of those 5 to get to a bowl. Don't know enough about NC State to comment but I do know that we are playing at Virginia and we all know what that means.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Yes that is probably spot on plus he was not the sacrificial lamb to follow the Bear. Poor Ray Perkins had that mountain to climb and got run out of town for his troubles so Bill probably thought he would be given a moment's grace. He did not think that for very long I bet .
It didn't help that his 1987 Alabama team lost 13-10 to Memphis State........................just sayin';)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
New coach, new system, new QB, standard SoS - I’ll give a 6-6 (4-4) prediction all day with those parameters.

Still excited about the direction of the program but I think Geoff is gonna need some luck to have us in a competitive game against Clemson around 9pm in early December.