Best Stadiums in the ACC

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I love the sharp slope angle of the BDS. U are right on top of the field. Built way before govt regulations. At the benz you are on such a gentle slope you end up watching jumbotron.
Not being an engineer, I hadn't thought of that. I hope whatever happens to Bobby Dodd Stadium, the upper east is never altered to any point that would cause it to be fundamentally changed.
Do whatever you want to the rest of it but leave the upper east alone. It's the best vantage point in college football, and when it disappears it's gone forever.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Not being an engineer, I hadn't thought of that. I hope whatever happens to Bobby Dodd Stadium, the upper east is never altered to any point that would cause it to be fundamentally changed.
Do whatever you want to the rest of it but leave the upper east alone. It's the best vantage point in college football, and when it disappears it's gone forever.
They are the best seats in the stadium, no doubt. However, the concourse and access are both horrible. Last time I was there was Clemson 2016 and I almost had a claustrophobic event at halftime - and I'm not really claustrophobic. It was hot and stuffy and close, and I just had to walk out to get some fresh air.

So... IMPO... it needs to be opened up some. I believe that there is a city ordinance forbidding building over city streets. Maybe it's just stadia, I don't know. That part of Techwood is closed for games, so maybe they could get a variance? While I'm at it, I might raise them about 10' to allow another level of boxes, and then extend the UE back about 8-10 rows, if possible, and maybe even forward 2-3 rows to provide an overhang for the boxes.