Best Stadiums in the ACC

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Have only been to GT, FSU, and Clemson, but feel like the top of this list tracks.

Have never heard a bad thing about VT and have heard the atmosphere is electric for big games, especially.

Bobby Dodd is a gem, but won't touch the others because of the game day atmosphere

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t argue with VT. The campus is pretty and the stadium is rocking. Their degree is useless but let them win this one.

Our ranking seems to be getting a lot of historical respect considering our last two non-dwag games at BDS with over 40,000 people, we lost by a combined 87-0. And notwithstanding the fact, that we elect to give up 1-2 games per season at BDS to play elsewhere.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If you are talking strictly stadium. No game day atmosphere. It's Kenan Stadium. My wife and I got to enjoy the stadium all to ourselves one night just walking around campus. It's a nice stadium. Memorial Stadium (Clemson) is just a big stadium, not really cool looking. Doak Campbell has a nice exterior.

If you factor in the skyline behind Bobby Dodd it's definitely #2.

If you are talking stadium AND atmosphere?
Lane Stadium.
Memorial Stadium
Doak Campbell
Gerald Ford
Bobby Dodd

jpw67

Georgia Tech Fan

If we're ranking stadiums (alone) and not game days atmosphere I don't agree at all. Lane Stadium has great game atmosphere, sure, but it's yet another 1960's era stadium with some recent add-ons. At its bones it is not too different in design from a slew of similar stadiums built at the same time including the one at Wake. By contrast, Memorial at Cal is truly a classic early 20th century bowled stadium. I also think you have to have BDS up there based on history/ location alone - it's the Wrigley Field of college football.

jpw67

Georgia Tech Fan
If we're ranking stadiums (alone) and not game days atmosphere I don't agree at all. Lane Stadium has great game atmosphere, sure, but it's yet another 1960's era stadium with some recent add-ons. At its bones it is not too different in design from a slew of similar stadiums built at the same time including the one at Wake. By contrast, Memorial at Cal is truly a classic early 20th century bowled stadium. I also think you have to have BDS up there based on history/ location alone - it's the Wrigley Field of college football.
Thinking about it, and again looking just at the stadium, I'd put Wallace Wade up there. No one goes to games at Duke, and so the atmosphere stinks, but it's another classic which looks great these days post renovation.

jpw67

Georgia Tech Fan
Cal:
1721937866822.png

Duke:
1721937896364.png

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Stanford Stafium is a nice new basic stadium, if not looking for atmosphere then it should be higher I think. Nice new basic > older basic, I think.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thinking about it, and again looking just at the stadium, I'd put Wallace Wade up there. No one goes to games at Duke, and so the atmosphere stinks, but it's another classic which looks great these days post renovation.

Have to agree on Wallace Wade. The 2013 game at Duke is one of my favorite game memories. Duke's campus is gorgeous, the stadium has a classic CFB feel. Only problem is it's full of Dookies.

That was a perfect Fall afternoon and Vad Lee looked exactly like all the hype that day. (Unfortunately, he took a huge hit in the rain the next week vs UNC and was never the same.)

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
If you are talking strictly stadium. No game day atmosphere. It's Kenan Stadium. My wife and I got to enjoy the stadium all to ourselves one night just walking around campus. It's a nice stadium. Memorial Stadium (Clemson) is just a big stadium, not really cool looking. Doak Campbell has a nice exterior.

If you factor in the skyline behind Bobby Dodd it's definitely #2.

If you are talking stadium AND atmosphere?
Lane Stadium.
Memorial Stadium
Doak Campbell
Gerald Ford
Bobby Dodd
If I were 4 feet tall or shorter, I would agree with Kenan being #1.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been to (6) other ACC stadiums. For me the travel situation is a big factor, but you can better believe I am heading to Blacksburg this year. They shuttle you in on buses. But, it is an electric environment and we usually play well there. . Scott Stadium is nice, but Chancellorsville is a long drive. (Fly into Richmond and the drive is 1.5 hours.) The city village area has wonderful places to each lunch and have a beer. Pittsburgh- no. Clemson- easy drive and fun atmosphere. FSU- I just like travelling south. I will say that I am not overblown by their crowd's impact on the game. Although Hard Rock Stadium is not on campus, I do like watching a game there more than MCB. Also, the flights are cheap. As far as a weekend trip- Miami is my favorite. This year I want to experience Chapel Hill and hopefully Louisville.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Have to agree on Wallace Wade. The 2013 game at Duke is one of my favorite game memories. Duke's campus is gorgeous, the stadium has a classic CFB feel. Only problem is it's full of has a few Dookies present.

That was a perfect Fall afternoon and Vad Lee looked exactly like all the hype that day. (Unfortunately, he took a huge hit in the rain the next week vs UNC and was never the same.)
FIFY