Best Kick/Punt Returner You Remember...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If we're talking all time college football, there's only one that just jumps into my mind immediately, Johnny Rogers at Nebraska! I've can't remember a more electrifying player with the ball in his hands!

Versus Oklahoma 1971

You got a winner.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
but Jeff Ford deserves a mention.
Wow. I had forgotten about him. I still remember watching him return an interception for a TD against Notre Dame. I believe it was 105 yards or some such nonsense. He was deep in the end zone when he intercepted it and he made the Notre Dame players looks like they were standing still.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
If we're talking all time college football, there's only one that just jumps into my mind immediately, Johnny Rogers at Nebraska! I've can't remember a more electrifying player with the ball in his hands!

Versus Oklahoma 1971

I agree that Rodgers was an unbelievable player and one of the best of all time to win the Heisman, but if my aging memory serves me correctly, the year Rodgers won the Heisman, Randy Rhino had a higher return yardage average. I remember seeing RR in a freshman game against FSU and commenting that he was going to be an All-American. Regarding Kelley, someone told me that it is a fact that he never once called a fair catch. Can anyone verify that?

He wasn't the best - Randy rules - but Jeff Ford deserves a mention. Fast as lightening and he had a great nose for the crease. AA DB as well. Wish we had him for next year's team.
Was a student when Jeff played. Ran an interception back against Notre Dame--a hundred yards I think. Maybe our only points in a blow-out loss at Grant Field at night.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We were at an event and as subtly as I could, I pointed out Randy R to @MrsDrJacket. Told her that there was nobody I've seen in person any more dominating (consistently, over time) on a return.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Was a student when Jeff played. Ran an interception back against Notre Dame--a hundred yards I think. Maybe our only points in a blow-out loss at Grant Field at night.
Interception was Tech's first score in that game. (All of this is from memory) Notre Dame had scored the first 31 points. Tech came back and actually outscored Notre Dame in the second half and the game did not look as bad by the end of the game.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Rhino and Jerrard Terrant are the best that I've watched in my lifetime. Golden comes in 3rd and could pass both with a big year this year, but it would have to be really big.