Best Hotel for Georgia Tech Football Game

Milwaukee

Banned
Hello Gents,

The wife and I are coming down for the Miami game Oct 4. What would you suggest for hotel stay, walking distance to BDS and not in a slum? Last year we stayed at Hilton Atlanta and didn't enjoy the walk through a "sketchy" area.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello Gents,

The wife and I are coming down for the Miami game Oct 4. What would you suggest for hotel stay, walking distance to BDS and not in a slum? Last year we stayed at Hilton Atlanta and didn't enjoy the walk through a "sketchy" area.

Thanks in advance.
The Georgia tech hotel and conference center is your best bet. Right in the middle of tech square

gtbuzzjhs

Georgia Tech Fan
The Georgia tech hotel and conference center is your best bet. Right in the middle of tech square
It's definitely the "BEST" hotel to stay. Walking distance to eating places, BDS, and you even have a wal-mart and waffle house around the corner of hotel..

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
We always stay at the Georgian Terrace. If you bring the kids, it is nice to get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Easy walk, across the street from the Fox Theater.

Wrecker

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello Gents,

Thanks in advance.[/QUOT

There is a Hampton Inn on North Avenue just up and across the street from the stadium next to the Coca Cola building. It is an easy walk particularly to the West stands, has on property parking, comfortable rooms, is clean and offers breakfast with your stay. We like it better than the Ga Tech Hotel although either of these properties are good and you won't go wrong with either one.

techfan101

Georgia Tech Fan
The Tech hotel is awesome, but its usually booked up, the Falcons stay there the Saturday night before every home game, so they take up a lot of the hotel.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We always stay at the Georgian Terrace. If you bring the kids, it is nice to get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Easy walk, across the street from the Fox Theater.
Agree with this, I prefer the Georgian terrace to the GT hotel but can't go wrong with either

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
I have stayed at the Melia. Its right next to the stadium actually can see into the stadium from the balcony. Right next to the Varsity and a 5 minute walk to the stadium. I have also stayed at the Westin and took Marta to North Ave exit and was back in my hotel 10 minutes after the game.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Hello Gents,

Thanks in advance.

There are hotels south of the BDSGF at Centennial Park where the new College Football HoF has just opened. Embassy Suites might be down there and all of that area is less than a mile from North Ave and Techwood.

Ramblin Dreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I didn't realize it changed - but yes that rooftop bar is awesome and you can see Grant Field from there - plus a complimentary wine/happy hour