1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Best Hotel for Georgia Tech Football Game

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Milwaukee, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Hello Gents,

The wife and I are coming down for the Miami game Oct 4. What would you suggest for hotel stay, walking distance to BDS and not in a slum? Last year we stayed at Hilton Atlanta and didn't enjoy the walk through a "sketchy" area.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. JazzyD95

JazzyD95 Helluva Engineer

The Georgia tech hotel and conference center is your best bet. Right in the middle of tech square

3. gtbuzzjhs

gtbuzzjhs Georgia Tech Fan

It's definitely the "BEST" hotel to stay. Walking distance to eating places, BDS, and you even have a wal-mart and waffle house around the corner of hotel..

Milwaukee likes this.
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Thank you gentlemen, booked it! Bookstore is right across the street, correct?

John likes this.
  5. jchens_GT

jchens_GT Helluva Engineer

Yes sir. Great choice.

6. ctcjb

ctcjb Ramblin' Wreck

We always stay at the Georgian Terrace. If you bring the kids, it is nice to get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. Easy walk, across the street from the Fox Theater.

7. Wrecker

Wrecker Georgia Tech Fan

8. techfan101

techfan101 Georgia Tech Fan

The Tech hotel is awesome, but its usually booked up, the Falcons stay there the Saturday night before every home game, so they take up a lot of the hotel.

John likes this.
  9. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

Sounds like even better reason to stay at the GT hotel. :cool:

bat_082994 likes this.
  10. GTJason

GTJason Helluva Engineer

Agree with this, I prefer the Georgian terrace to the GT hotel but can't go wrong with either

11. MacDaddy2

MacDaddy2 Ramblin' Wreck

Man up! Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons, take a cab to the stadium area. She will appreciate the fact that you are dropping some $$ to stay at a great place

12. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I'd check into the Melia. I had a friend who stayed there and liked it. Also one who stayed at Tech Square who liked it.

buzz_wiser© likes this.
  13. Treb1982

Treb1982 Helluva Engineer

I have stayed at the Melia. Its right next to the stadium actually can see into the stadium from the balcony. Right next to the Varsity and a 5 minute walk to the stadium. I have also stayed at the Westin and took Marta to North Ave exit and was back in my hotel 10 minutes after the game.

14. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Another nice one is the Marriott Residence Inn @ 11th and West Peachtree

The building was originally an all girls private dorm that was converted into a hotel suites.

15. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

There are hotels south of the BDSGF at Centennial Park where the new College Football HoF has just opened. Embassy Suites might be down there and all of that area is less than a mile from North Ave and Techwood.

16. Blumpkin Souffle

Blumpkin Souffle Bidly Biddington III

I believe there is a hotel on top of the Clermont Lounge, you should look into that.

17. Ramblin Dreck

Ramblin Dreck Georgia Tech Fan

Hotel Palomar

18. GTRX7

GTRX7 Helluva Engineer

+1 Great stay. Particularly after it was condemned a couple of years ago, there is nobody at the front desk anymore. If you can get in, your stay is free (y)

GTNavyNuke and Blumpkin Souffle like this.
  19. Fredge

Fredge Georgia Tech Fan

This is our favorite....but it's now called The Renaissance Midtown. Very cool outdoor bar on the roof. Short walk to campus.

20. Ramblin Dreck

Ramblin Dreck Georgia Tech Fan

I didn't realize it changed - but yes that rooftop bar is awesome and you can see Grant Field from there - plus a complimentary wine/happy hour