Bedford to succeed Roddy Jones

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guess Bedford's legal career isn't too busy for him to dedicate some time to his alma mater on Fall Saturdays!

Congrats, to Sean "I’ll be wearing my championship ring with pride and if you want that too, you’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead finger." Bedford.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Guess Bedford's legal career isn't too busy for him to dedicate some time to his alma mater on Fall Saturdays!

Congrats, to Sean "I’ll be wearing my championship ring with pride and if you want that too, you’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead finger." Bedford.
If I run a patent law firm in Atlanta, I'm going to adjust my attorney's caseload so that GT fans and alumni get to know the firm name. Free advertising to a very target market.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan

Congrats to both Roddy and Sean. Looking forward to their continued good work on the airways.

Side Note: Would be really cool if Tech SAs continue making these kinds of in-roads into the broadcasting field — particularly FB players who played for CPJ. Having that kind of knowledge and perspective in the booth potentially could go a long way to dispel the oft-repeated myths about the offense being a plodding, 3-yards-and-cloud-of-dust attack, or the offense being less capable at converting 3rd-and-long situations than "pro style" offenses.

The depth of the color commentary could take a quantum leap also. Play-by-play analysis could actually address changes in interior blocking schemes by CPJ as part of his in-game adjustments, rather than simply saying "There's another dive play for another 8 yards." (Is it my imagination, or did most commentators call every B-back running play into the line a "dive play?")

But most of all, having guys like Roddy and Sean in the broadcast booth will ensure we'll never have to worry about them confusing cut blocks for chop blocks.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The depth of the color commentary could take a quantum leap also. Play-by-play analysis could actually address changes in interior blocking schemes by CPJ as part of his in-game adjustments, rather than simply saying "There's another dive play for another 8 yards." (Is it my imagination, or did most commentators call every B-back running play into the line a "dive play?")
I actually thought the color commentator in the Orange Bowl did not do a bad job picking up on some of the nuances of the blocking scheme. To be sure it can get better but that was the best I had heard in a long time for a game involving Tech.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I actually thought the color commentator in the Orange Bowl did not do a bad job picking up on some of the nuances of the blocking scheme. To be sure it can get better but that was the best I had heard in a long time for a game involving Tech.
That's because Palmer Is considered the best analyst ESPN has.

And is an unashamed lover of our offense.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, Jessie Palmer might be the exception. He seems more likely to do true "analysis" during a broadcast than other color commentators.

Back to the original post: I'm really looking forward to hearing what Bedford can do. Perhaps I'm looking at this through gold-colored glasses, but I'm anticipating that Bedford might bring something to the booth analogous to former Braves announcer Pete Van Wieren. "The Professor" was particularly good at combining player statistics and in-game data with his in-depth knowledge of the game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What's the best way to sync the radio broadcast television broadcast?
Pickup radio via the internet it is normally behind the TV broadcast. Then, assuming you have a recording device, pause TV playback to synchronize with the radio.

Done that a couple of times. Sometimes you have to tweak during the game both forward and backward. Hopefully that makes sense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Pickup radio via the internet it is normally behind the TV broadcast. Then, assuming you have a recording device, pause TV playback to synchronize with the radio.

Done that a couple of times. Sometimes you have to tweak during the game both forward and backward. Hopefully that makes sense.
Yeah, I can do that, thanks!