Beat Duke

LibertyTurns

Banned
I really dont like Duke. It's annoying losing to them. Time to change that next week. I'll be there at BDS cheering on our team. Hope we get a good crowd.
Dookies are just like the mutts except they typically have all their teeth, usually aren’t employed at McDonald’s & often disguise themselves before they go to shop at Walmart in case they encounter someone they know. Besides those 3 characteristics you’d swear they shared the same chromosomes. I’ve really never met one I liked. I’m sure they’re out there somewhere but a likeable Dookie is a rare bird indeed.

Super, not meaning to throw a wet towel on your post, but last year there were lots of un-used seats for homecoming. The alumni need to show up Saturday. I know us sidewalk fans will be there. The stadium will be rocking for this game.
Yes, there were, but all the students' seats were taken, so they moved them into the sections unsold to the public. In spite of that, as you said, there were still lots of un-used seats.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Agree with this. Our defensive backs are going to have to play one of their better games this week and wrap up on their tackles. It's a given, Duke is going to make some big plays. However, if we get a body on them, we need to make a tackle. Using one of Kerr's plays as an example and not criticizing him, we can not have attempted arm tackles and let receivers break free. For the record, Kerr was the hero in last year's Virginia Tech game.
I remember the play. What bothered me was that he went for the outside leg instead of the inside hip.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
The offensive line is mauling folks the past two games. Conner Hansen at RG is a large body, and Kenny Cooper is getting back to form at Center. We have some impressive depth with Lee also playing great at Center. With PB at LG, we are able to rip off good gains consistently up the gut with both Mason and Howard at B-Back on the dive. Tackles are getting it done on both sides and the "O" is clicking.

The defense has been getting turnovers by playing aggressive. So the back up "D" gave up some garbage yardage in the second half. But that 96 yard pick six by true frosh Juayne Thomas was outstanding. The defense has closed out both of these games with pick 6 plays and what I'm starting to see is a team that is hitting on all cylinders right now. The play has become contagious on both sides of the ball and that's the type of momentum created by chemistry amongst the players, who from what I can see are playing with confidence and having FUN!!!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
OK, it's Monday and we haven't sold out the stadium yet. :jawdrop:
The team needs your support and the GTAA needs your money. (Seriously, I wish Todd Stansbury would knock off some of the prices for the upper North Stands and both ends of the upper East Stands.) Anyway, this would be a great game to come see if you haven't been to a Tech football game in a while. We might even have nice weather too. You out of town guys, think road trip to the Big ATL.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My biggest problem with Cutcliffe is the guy coaches his players (or at least tolerates that they do) the gator roll and other dangerous tackling maneuvers then has the cojones no conflate our blocking scheme (Which incidentally he and the rest of the ACC also use) as being dangerous. He also ran his mouth a fair amount about how JeT shouldn't have come here because we can develop quarterbacks like the great QB Whisperer can.

Man I want to roll 500+ ground yards on them. Just old fashioned steam roller death march the last half of the game. Over, and Over, and Over and Over till he is forced into a postgame presser like CBP "We threw everything we had in the game plan against them.. they didn't show anything we didn't prep for.. we just couldn't stop them".

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Sadly, cannot make the Duke game. Have prior plans. Plus, we are buying a house and move in is Nov 15th, so the weekends are going to be busy . love my tailgate buddies, but, house has to come first. Been working for this, for 2 years.

You had 2 years to get this done before homecoming and still failed??

Just joking...building is a huge headache.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My biggest problem with Cutcliffe is the guy coaches his players (or at least tolerates that they do) the gator roll and other dangerous tackling maneuvers then has the cojones no conflate our blocking scheme (Which incidentally he and the rest of the ACC also use) as being dangerous. He also ran his mouth a fair amount about how JeT shouldn't have come here because we can develop quarterbacks like the great QB Whisperer can.

Man I want to roll 500+ ground yards on them. Just old fashioned steam roller death march the last half of the game. Over, and Over, and Over and Over till he is forced into a postgame presser like CBP "We threw everything we had in the game plan against them.. they didn't show anything we didn't prep for.. we just couldn't stop them".

I want 400 rushing and 200 passing Saturday. But I’ll settle for a W.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Weather looking really nice for Saturday for those of you who are attending.

And here I am once again out of town on a home game weekend :banghead: