Be careful what you wish for...

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
Auburn and FSU are doing it with a couple of players one that we eould not have taken after his problems at georgia and the guy at FSU would already been shown the door

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't count FSU because of retirement. Auburn is fair, would you be willing to go through a Lane kiffin like hire to eventually have success? My point is we'll be more successful with a beamer like approach and build long term.

First I agree with your last line, but your examples are all not great ones...

Florida was due to "retirement" or resignation...not replacement of urban
So was michigan with rich rod replacing Carr...then hoke followed rich rod but he has the same record...so not sure what the example is with that school they just have sucked perioed.
Edsall is doing just fine at MD.
and Golden is doing no worse than Randy shannon and had to deal with probation etc...
Butch Jones replaced Kiffin who resigned...again, not a great example...

To me the examples need to be where a coach was fired....not resigned etc....But either way i agree with your point...

But the best is example is this was the same argument some made to keep Chan. We cut bait and got Paul...and guess what...results are basically the same...LOL....Its a GT issue as much as anything. The real question is can you even build a long term better than 7 wins a season program at GT? So far, over the past 12 years, 2 coaches and 2 AD's, the answer is not really...just a flash in the pan once every 6-8 years.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We cut bait and got Paul...and guess what...results are basically the same...LOL....Its a GT issue as much as anything. The real question is can you even build a long term better than 7 wins a season program at GT? So far, over the past 12 years, 2 coaches and 2 AD's, the answer is not really...just a flash in the pan once every 6-8 years.

THIS is the issue in a nutshell.

Animal02

Banned
First I agree with your last line, but your examples are all not great ones...

Florida was due to "retirement" or resignation...not replacement of urban
So was michigan with rich rod replacing Carr...then hoke followed rich rod but he has the same record...so not sure what the example is with that school they just have sucked perioed.
Edsall is doing just fine at MD.
and Golden is doing no worse than Randy shannon and had to deal with probation etc...
Butch Jones replaced Kiffin who resigned...again, not a great example...

To me the examples need to be where a coach was fired....not resigned etc....But either way i agree with your point...

But the best is example is this was the same argument some made to keep Chan. We cut bait and got Paul...and guess what...results are basically the same...LOL..
Only if you ignore the off field performance.

..Its a GT issue as much as anything. The real question is can you even build a long term better than 7 wins a season program at GT? So far, over the past 12 years, 2 coaches and 2 AD's, the answer is not really...just a flash in the pan once every 6-8 years.
Anyone that thinks Tech will ever be a yearly contender for the NC is just fooling themselves.