BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Coaches must be fired for this
This. I have been critical of Patenaude, I think he would work if he had an assistant on the sidelines to talk to the QB and players on offense while they are on the sidelines since he sits in the booth, but we DESPERATELY need a new DC and Special Teams coach, both are AWFUL. I like Coach Geoff Collins as our HC, I think he is a good recruiter and brings a culture and attitude to the team that many recruits find appealing, but we need better coaches around him.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
No it was definitely not Syracuse 2.0. Syracuse we moved the ball at will and pretty much had one player hand them the football game. This game we got our asses handed to us and looked like we don't even belong in a power 5 conference.
I that's the hard part with this , coach collins may have experience but I feel like he and the coordinators are treating this like we are temple. They are taking this program down to temples level at the moment not up

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I that's the hard part with this , coach collins may have experience but I feel like he and the coordinators are treating this like we are temple. They are taking this program down to temples level at the moment not up
Ha! I wish we were at Temple's level.

This. I have been critical of Patenaude, I think he would work if he had an assistant on the sidelines to talk to the QB and players on offense while they are on the sidelines since he sits in the booth, but we DESPERATELY need a new DC and Special Teams coach, both are AWFUL. I like Coach Geoff Collins as our HC, I think he is a good recruiter and brings a culture and attitude to the team that many recruits find appealing, but we need better coaches around him.
Sure players like coaches that tell the players that he loves them. Just like kids think soft parents are great. But it is interesting that hard nosed coaches ultimately earn the respect of their players and win games. Aka The Bear.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nothing I am seeing is giving me any confidence about these coaches being able to "coach up" our guys, except maybe Choice. Like others, I can take losing a close road game to a tough, hardnosed team like BC, but it is obvious to me that in many fundamental areas we are regressing. I am glad that CGC and the staff was able to get Sims and Gibbs and Ezzard and some others, but without development, we are not going to have the results we all want to see. The way we have started several of the games this year is just flat out unacceptable.

And, I know many of you don't believe this, but embarrassing efforts like (and last week and against Cuse) this WILL impact recruiting momentum. And, right now, recruiting is all I see that has improved in CGC's first 2 years. And, none of this will matter if we don't start getting more special players for the middle of the front 7 on D.

I really was concerned when we hired Geoff, but I did have some hope that maybe he could coach above his pay grade. I have lost a lot of that hope.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Bench Curry, anyone can't be worse

You don't have the benefit of what the coaches see out of him in practice. If you accept them continuing to trot Sims out there after the continuous miscues because they only "play the players that give them the best chance to win" it would be most hypocritical of you to not support Curry. After all if he is in there, the coaches believe that he "gives us the best chance to win".

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was a.master at coaching up. We do have better players now but it's worry some that collins and his staff are making good recruits look so bad.
I don't care how well they recruit, but if they can't coach the kids or at least get them ready for game time, that hard work won't matter

Deleted member 2897

No it was definitely not Syracuse 2.0. Syracuse we moved the ball at will and pretty much had one player hand them the football game. This game we got our asses handed to us and looked like we don't even belong in a power 5 conference.

Apparently you ignored everything I typed except for one thing you chose to read too much into in order to satisfy your overwhelming need to yell right now. It’s okay, I don’t blame you.