BC by the numbers

slugboy

Staff member
What did this chart look like before GT played Clemson?
Most metrics aside from punting look better without Clemson. Some more than others.

More numbers in Ken Suguira’s prep column at https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...ch-boston-college/HVKAVAG5K5FP5A5OACBWPREOIU/

1. Watch their tight end
2. We can run, and their run defense is poor
3. They are even for the year on turnovers, but they were ahead until VT last week
4. BC is vulnerable to sacks and various havoc plays, but we don’t make many.
5. BC doesn’t run well, but that may be the best part of our defense

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m rambling but I’m just still so devastated our defense has been this bad. I’m worried about this game.

There are some things in life a man just can't accept or get used to, no maatter how hard he tries or how much he goes to prayer to ask for patience and understanding. But, if iirc, you are a young poster so just because you haven't seen good defense at GT, it doesn't mean it hasn't happened before and can't happen again. I hope you get to see it while we are both on this side of the ground so I can celebrate with you but as a warning, you will like it so much you will want it EVERY YEAR. and things just don't seem to work like that here. ;)

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I reject the thought that our pass rush has been poor this year. Since Clayton has made his way into the lineup, we have put decent pressure on the QB. Last week's game should not be the barometer, but we did get to Lawrence and cause him to throw his first INT this year.

Clayton and Ryans have looked good getting after the QB. Quez Jackson has been effective blitzing. I think the DL has held up their end in pass defense...the LB's and DB's have not.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In the dimension they aren’t even good at
they outsmarted us. Conventional wisdom says "take away the other teams strengths and make them beat you left handed". When GT tries that (over the years) it turns out everyone we play seems to be ambidextrious. Next time let's focus on stopping the run. and the pass too. Make them beat us with neither the left nor the right hand. That should do it! (Coaches, if you are lurking here, if you see fit to steal this by all means do so. I will waive my standard fees in this case). ;)

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
This thread frustrates me so much. We allowed a once dimensional team beat us
@Ibeeballin as much as it may pain you... can you break down what the hell happened on a play action pass by BC in the second half where our linebackers completely turned their back to the LOS and started sprinting towards coverage. Then the QB ran for a 20 + yard gain. Blew my mind.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
@Ibeeballin as much as it may pain you... can you break down what the hell happened on a play action pass by BC in the second half where our linebackers completely turned their back to the LOS and started sprinting towards coverage. Then the QB ran for a 20 + yard gain. Blew my mind.
Man coverage with no spy?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

It has probably been mentioned already, but Jurkovec had 15 rushing yards all year coming into this game and close to 100 today.

falconholic26

Banned
Bc we got coaches that have no idea what’s going on and have no idea how ti coach the players. Worst defensive coaching staff in division 1 football

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

IIRC, I believe Charlie Thomas suppose loop to the A Gap or drop as a spy