Bback ? for Clemson

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Is there some sort of rule preventing them from both playing? Synjin is a load up the gut, while I think Zach has the edge on the pitch and receiving. They're both good players.
Clemson is legit on D, so I hope Zach is available. We need every player we can get.
No rule, but they either switch off some at BB or you have Days in at AB and Laskey at BB like before Laskey got injured. The reality though is that Laskey just has not played in 3 games and had a serious shoulder injury so there is not even any proof of when he will be back or that he will be full strength anyway and so able to do more than platoon at BB anyway.

Love them both as they are great senior leaders who are selfless team players and are surely great influences on all the younger players on the team.

Remember early in the year when Thomas pointed out how even if he made a bad read and gave Laskey the ball when it should have been a keep that Laskey would turn it into positive yardage? Thomas needed that kind of effort and experience to help bring him along in his reads. Now Days is playing at a point when Thomas has been getting better and better at the reads. I bet Days can make a missed read look good just as Laskey could early on but Thomas is also likely better at putting Days in the best position to succeed as well.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have a surplus of talent on offense. We are deeper in O this year than at any point during my lifetime. It's a nice luxury. When the staff gets the D to the same point, and I think we are heading in the right direction, there will be no ceiling on what we can achieve.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Days and it's not really a debate for me. Even with his fumble problems he's much more of a home-run threat. Laskey can come in a spell Days on plays. Nice combo.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I love what synjyn has done and actually like him over The Bad Man Z Laskey at Bback, but I think we are a better offense, overall, with synjyn and perk at aback and ZL at Bback.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of connors, we should be offering or looking at Marist fullbacks as much as possible. These guys have played with their hand in the dirt, and in the same offense, since 7th grade. What they may lack in athletic ability they surely make up in naturalness and understanding of the offense. We whiffed on the BC running back (who was Marist's QB) and is playing exceptionally well for them...there seems to be no reason we shouldn't pluck a kid out of that offense every few years.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I just don't see Laskey coming back yet from a serious shoulder injury and being effective holding onto the ball and taking that B back pounding, thats got to be one of the most physical positions in all of football. I really hope he can make it back to start and play in the bowl game because he certainly deserves it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of connors, we should be offering or looking at Marist fullbacks as much as possible. These guys have played with their hand in the dirt, and in the same offense, since 7th grade. What they may lack in athletic ability they surely make up in naturalness and understanding of the offense. We whiffed on the BC running back (who was Marist's QB) and is playing exceptionally well for them...there seems to be no reason we shouldn't pluck a kid out of that offense every few years.

He's not a Marist guy, but another private school kid who did really well at RB.:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ryan_braswell_856503.html

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I doubt we have to worry about this much for Clemson. Laskey will probably be eased into the rotation. I think both bring something special to the game and I believe we’ll play both. Days may bring some extra explosiveness but I still like Laskey better for the death marches.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd argue that Laskey's 1 fumble against Duke on opening drive of 2nd half killed. That being said I like both players a lot. I think Days gets the start though.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Ya I never really liked AA. Never seemed to fit the part and dropped like a rock when he was hit.

Not to derail, (and with that said....), what's the deal with the lack of appreciation for AA from a lot of Tech fans? He's like the most under appreciated 1300 yard rusher in Tech history. Not trying to start up any type of who's the best debate, just wondered why he seems to be so "passed over" when talking about bbacks

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not to derail, (and with that said....), what's the deal with the lack of appreciation for AA from a lot of Tech fans? He's like the most under appreciated 1300 yard rusher in Tech history. Not trying to start up any type of who's the best debate, just wondered why he seems to be so "passed over" when talking about bbacks
He only ran for 166 against UGA and not 200.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I love what synjyn has done and actually like him over The Bad Man Z Laskey at Bback, but I think we are a better offense, overall, with synjyn and perk at aback and ZL at Bback.
Eggsackley. With Days and Perkins at AB we have a much better chance of sealing the edge, imho.

But I'll leave this one to Coach. Besides, I'd be surprised if Zach is back before the Ugag game.