Bback ? for Clemson

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Sense Synjyn is playing so well at Bback, I am trying to figure out what is the best position for him to play next week; Should he stay at Bback where he is a monster pounding the ball up the middle or should he move back to Aback to Help out Perkins on the edge blocking, This if Perkins is back next week, I kind seem to think that Days is going to better than Laskey at Bback, But good blocking on the edge against quick Dbacks that Clemson is going to crucial

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
well let's see here..seeing that Synjyn has been the best BB since Dwyer, I think we should leave him there..it's pretty obvious for me.

You think days is better than anthony Allen?

I think if dwyer Allen or hell...even Lyons and sims had the offensive line we had today, they would've put up different numbers.

That being said, huge fan of days..but both laskey and days are working with a pretty special line.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Those in favor of starting Laskey use the argument that "You shouldn't lose your job due to injury" because it isn't fair. But is it fair that Days has had the best 3 game stretch of any back in our offense in years and he loses his job because Laskey gets healthy? What about "making the most of the opportunity" or "letting the play on the field speak for itself"?

This is sports. This is not like when a teacher takes maternity leave and the subatitute only temporarily teaches the class. This is competition, the whole point of having backups is to replace starters when needed. In this instance, it just so happens the backup outplayed the starter (I still think Laskey has played well). Did coaches sit Kurt Warner and Tom Brady when Trent Green and Bledsoe got healthy? Obviously two extreme examples but the same rule should apply, this is football and its not like Laskey won't get on the field if Days starts.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
Im for going with Laskey. Synjyn still has fumblitis and we can sacrifice a couple yards. What we can't lose is the turnover battle and I am sure Clemson's D will be ripping at the football every time synjyn has it.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
You think days is better than anthony Allen?

I think if dwyer Allen or hell...even Lyons and sims had the offensive line we had today, they would've put up different numbers.

That being said, huge fan of days..but both laskey and days are working with a pretty special line.

Ya I never really liked AA. Never seemed to fit the part and dropped like a rock when he was hit.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Is Laskey back? I didn't think he would be. A shoulder injury is a killer when playing Bback. Laskey is a warrior but I would hate for him to come back too soon. Days has stepped up wonderfully, that's been a great things for us.

thwgjacket

Ya I never really liked AA. Never seemed to fit the part and dropped like a rock when he was hit.
I like Days a lot but I think he has more of a fumble problem that AA ever had. To the OP, it is hard to argue with over 400 yards in 3 games.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I see it that we have two choices;
1) let's all get together and send our starting line up to Coach Johnson.
2) let's support all the players (which at this point in the season) have won because "they are a team- and unselfish".
Let's grow from their attitudes

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Both guys, if healthy, will get their fair share of snaps. I'm willing to bet a steak dinner that neither one really cares who gets the start so long as we win. Guarantee the fans are making way more about this than either one of those young men.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I would really like to see some jumbo sets with Perkins and Days at a back and laskey at b back. I am sure it has occurred this year but I have missed it.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
If Laskey is even healthy enough to play full time they both have 3 (or by a fluke) 4 more games left in their college careers. I really don't get trying to debate who should start between the two when one of them suffered a major shoulder injury and has not even gotten close to proving he is back to full strength. It just ends up a way to knock Laskey which has been a favorite past-time for a lot of Tech fans for years now.

Also, how come no one has noticed that Days in 3 starts has fumbled twice when Laskey fumbled once in about 3 years?

You end up making me seem like I am not a Synjyn fan when I love that guy and had a nice conversation with him at a scrimmage. I will remember him as one of my favorite Jackets. Totally selfless team player, great young man and athlete.

Last edited:

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If Laskey is even healthy enough to play full time they both have 3 (or by a fluke) 4 more games left in their college careers. I really don't get trying to debate who should start between the two when one of them suffered a major shoulder injury and has not even gotten close to proving he is back to full strength. It just ends up a way to knock Laskey which has been a favorite past-time for a lot of Tech fans for years now.

Also, how come no one has noticed that Days in 3 starts has fumbled twice when Laskey fumbled once in about 3 years?

You end up making me seem like I am not a Synjyn fan when I love that guy and had a nice conversation with him at a scrimmage. I will remember him as one of my favorite Jackets. Totally selfless team player, great young man and athlete.

Fair point, I am glad to have both these guys.

I would like to see both honestly.

and damn if Connors isn't too bad either!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Is there some sort of rule preventing them from both playing? Synjin is a load up the gut, while I think Zach has the edge on the pitch and receiving. They're both good players.
Clemson is legit on D, so I hope Zach is available. We need every player we can get.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
In the larger scheme of the games the Days fumbles have not hurt much. Also his overall performance in yards gained and scores, effort, etc., have rightfully made the fumbles very easy to forgive. But they can't be ignored if one insists on debating over the two guys.

I am so glad that Days was there to step up in a huge way when Laskey went down. His emergence has actually been the key to keeping Leggett as a redshirt . . . and we have quickly forgotten that fact on this site and simply dropped all the debate over wanting Leggett to have game experience for next year. So there are kind of strange aspects to all this which make me a bit impatient about debating Laskey vs. Days.