Baylor Fires Briles

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't there a similar situation when James Franklin was at Vanderbilt? I think one of those players go 50 years in Prison.

There was a rape by several players at Vanderbilt. I don't remember the Vanderbilt story having 50+ rapes by 30+ players being actively covered up by the athletic department. If I remember correctly, the victim did say that Franklin had discussed some things that were in violation of NCAA rules before the rape, nothing related to the rape. However, after the rape he only contacted her to express concern for her. I don't believe there was ever a report that he or anyone at Vanderbilt attempted to influence her accusations.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There was a rape by several players at Vanderbilt. I don't remember the Vanderbilt story having 50+ rapes by 30+ players being actively covered up by the athletic department. If I remember correctly, the victim did say that Franklin had discussed some things that were in violation of NCAA rules before the rape, nothing related to the rape. However, after the rape he only contacted her to express concern for her. I don't believe there was ever a report that he or anyone at Vanderbilt attempted to influence her accusations.

Was that the one where the player got in trouble for helping the young lady?