Batt preparing Georgia Tech for ‘major shift’ in college athletics

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow

slugboy

Staff member
My heart dropped when I saw that thread title…
Fixed

Work Working GIF by ABC Network

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Stadium renovations are much needed.

I'm getting a chance to attend a Tennessee game this season. It'll be my first time in a stadium other than Bobby Dodd so I'll get to experience another atmosphere for comparison.

Don't worry, I'll still wear my Tech hat.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
The helluva block party was an awesome idea and he somehow got some big names too. Will be interesting to see what they can do this year
If you want to see a block party, go to a Texas game. It's like a small State Fair at every home game. Everything from 16 tap Big Beertha to a Ferris wheel--and of course, a parade with Bevo the Longhorn.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
If you want to see a block party, go to a Texas game. It's like a small State Fair at every home game. Everything from 16 tap Big Beertha to a Ferris wheel--and of course, a parade with Bevo the Longhorn.
Closest to an NFL college stadium I've ever been in as a non-player....... they have snack bars, but also restaurants.... chair back seats that are actually well spaced.... a HHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE video board & a sound system you can actually hear & understand..... and a closed-captioned play-by-play screen that keeps up with the audio.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Stadium renovations are much needed.

I'm getting a chance to attend a Tennessee game this season. It'll be my first time in a stadium other than Bobby Dodd so I'll get to experience another atmosphere for comparison.

Don't worry, I'll still wear my Tech hat.
Having gone to a Tenn/Ala game in Neyland in the 90s, I can assure you it will be different.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The helluva block party was an awesome idea and he somehow got some big names too. Will be interesting to see what they can do this year
GTAA crushed it with Helluva Block Party. Genuinely stunned how well they pulled that off.

My dad passed away unexpectedly a few months ago. One of my last memories with him is watching the Iron Bowl at HBP before we gave the Dawgs the fight for their life Under the Skyline. That memory is probably only recently topped by our attendance at the UNC game last October. My dad was a Patriots season ticket holder since 1985, UConn football season ticket holder, and attended numerous Tech games with me - he told me before that final drive by Drake Maye (the drive that ended with Tez Walker fumbling) that it was going to be the first time in decades that he was compelled to lose his voice for one of his teams - he loved GT and what GT meant to me.

I anticipate being an emotional mess watching the Wreck drive out of the tunnel that first Georgia State game Under the Skyline.

Last edited:

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
GTAA crushed it with Helluva Block Party. Genuinely stunned how well they pulled that off.

My dad passed away unexpectedly a few months ago. One of my last memories with him is watching the Iron Bowl at HBP before we gave the Dawgs the fight for their life Under the Skyline. That memory is probably only recently topped by our attendance at the UNC game last October. My dad was a Patriots season ticket holder since 1985, UConn football season ticket holder, and attended numerous Tech games with me - he told me before that final drive by Drake Maye (the drive that ended with Tez Walker fumbling) that it was going to be the first time in decades that he was compelled to lose his voice for one of his teams - he loved GT and what GT meant to me.

I anticipate being an emotional mess watching the Wreck drive out of the tunnel that first Georgia State game Under the Skyline.
Sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you were able to create the memory

MidtownJacket

Staff member

To have loved, been mentored and be loved by a dad who has a profound impact on their child is a special thing. I’m so sorry for your loss, but happier still for the other side of the scales, which overflow with abundance of love and memories.

I’ll raise a kind thought and a prayer to above for you both tonight and again come the glorious sounds of the wreck once more taking the field of battle in front of Our team.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Closest to an NFL college stadium I've ever been in as a non-player....... they have snack bars, but also restaurants.... chair back seats that are actually well spaced.... a HHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE video board & a sound system you can actually hear & understand..... and a closed-captioned play-by-play screen that keeps up with the audio.
That’s not a compliment in any way.
We do NOT want CFB to turn into the nfl in any way. College stadiums are the best because it’s all FOR the actual game on the field

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
That’s not a compliment in any way.
We do NOT want CFB to turn into the nfl in any way. College stadiums are the best because it’s all FOR the actual game on the field
Only if you actually get fans to show up. GT has a real problem in that area! There becomes a point in life where sitting in bleachers no longer works, nor does sitting in extremely narrow seats. Stadiums can have different sections constructed to meet the different wishes of the fans who attend games. One size fits all no longer works for any college athletic event. From hints dropped by J Bratt it appears he understands this and has some ideas on improving the game experience at BDS for the fans.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Only if you actually get fans to show up. GT has a real problem in that area! There becomes a point in life where sitting in bleachers no longer works, nor does sitting in extremely narrow seats. Stadiums can have different sections constructed to meet the different wishes of the fans who attend games. One size fits all no longer works for any college athletic event. From hints dropped by J Bratt it appears he understands this and has some ideas on improving the game experience at BDS for the fans.
there needs to be standing sections and sitting sections. (sitters do stand, but standers never sit).