Basketball Coaches In Tournement

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
This is nothing more than my personal perspective from watching the basketball tournement. The two coaches who made the best impression on me from their ability to analyze the game, make changes during the game, and their demeanor from the bench are the coaches from Virginia and Florida.

Of course, the Kentucky coach has done a great job to prepare all those freshmen to reach the final four, but he does have the best talent to achieve the goal.

This has been one of the best tournements I can remember. There are no completely dominant teams, but there are a lot of very good teams and overall good coaches. The games have kept us fans on the edge of our seats in most all the important games.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Agree totally. Consider UF and UVA aren't full of raw talent either. Overall, this has been one of the best tourneys I've seen in a long time.

These teams are playing at such a high level. Hope we can step it up and join the fray next year.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
This is nothing more than my personal perspective from watching the basketball tournement. The two coaches who made the best impression on me from their ability to analyze the game, make changes during the game, and their demeanor from the bench are the coaches from Virginia and Florida.

Of course, the Kentucky coach has done a great job to prepare all those freshmen to reach the final four, but he does have the best talent to achieve the goal.

This has been one of the best tournements I can remember. There are no completely dominant teams, but there are a lot of very good teams and overall good coaches. The games have kept us fans on the edge of our seats in most all the important games.
TournAments* Had to do it because it was bugging me. But I agree with you about the coaches. UVA lucked out on Bennett and will reap the rewards of that for a while. Donovan has been at the top for a whilenow IMO. His style of bball is fun to watch and id love to play in it if I were on the team. Coach Cal is an outstanding recruiter and has a way of getting freshmen to play cohesively in a short period of time. For us to join the fray we have to step up our recruiting and possibly change coaches. CBG isnt the answer but he hasnt let it fall completely apart since arriving, Which i commend. It seems that when we are on the search for a coach, none are available. But you better believe when we arent in the market for 1, good ones get gobbled up left and right. If we dont hurry up and get 1 we will stay bottom dwellers.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Ggee87: Timing is definitely important. It was probably proper to keep the present coach for next year, but his performance next year will probably decide his future at Tech. Question: If his performance is only mediocre next year, do we let him go, or do we first make a search to see if there are any capable coaches available for us? If the search turns up a poor year for releasing our coach, should we give him another year and make extended searches?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Ggee87: Timing is definitely important. It was probably proper to keep the present coach for next year, but his performance next year will probably decide his future at Tech. Question: If his performance is only mediocre next year, do we let him go, or do we first make a search to see if there are any capable coaches available for us? If the search turns up a poor year f
Ggee87: Timing is definitely important. It was probably proper to keep the present coach for next year, but his performance next year will probably decide his future at Tech. Question: If his performance is only mediocre next year, do we let him go, or do we first make a search to see if there are any capable coaches available for us? If the search turns up a poor year for releasing our coach, should we give him another year and make extended searches?
At this point after the Hewitt contract is up ofcourse, Weve got to make the RIGHT higher. Cant afford to miss again... Id be very surprised if Bobinski doesnt have someone or 2 in mind already. Just waiting to see how things play out. IMO

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Its imparative that we get a pretty proven up and comer. After Hewitt is off the books I would pay whatever to get it right. Cant afford to miss again. Id be surprised if Bobinski doesnt already have someone in mind for the job. Just waiting to see how things pan out.