bama's loss... our gain?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
ive not followed bama at all. i usually dont. i do know they are not as good a team as they have been in the past. yay. not a fan.

did their losing brent key affect them this year? i sure hope so. anything we can do to dislodge any an all sec teams in the national championship game so works for me. startin with ugag.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It always hurts when you lose a starting QB. But I’m wondering how many seasons Saban has left in his tank? I would just retire with my millions.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
ive not followed bama at all. i usually dont. i do know they are not as good a team as they have been in the past. yay. not a fan.

did their losing brent key affect them this year? i sure hope so. anything we can do to dislodge any an all sec teams in the national championship game so works for me. startin with ugag.
Losing Brent Key isn’t the reason their defense is mediocre (in Bama terms) this year. Their offense is incredibly potent and scored 45 points against Auburn.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Losing Brent Key isn’t the reason their defense is mediocre (in Bama terms) this year. Their offense is incredibly potent and scored 45 points against Auburn.
Losing their best defensive player and a probable All-American at LB before the season started probably didn’t help their defensive causes much.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Bama is going no where. They lost the best linebacker in the country during preseason practice. They then lost Tua. And still won 10 games. Bama will simply reload but LSU won’t.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
w1meo3cr82241.jpg

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Everybody has a down year. Injuries, guys moving on and their replacements being just a tick worse. Bama's down year happens to be 10-2. But as long as they are pulling in top 2 classes, they will still be a playoff contender every year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
he had a terrible night kicking in Tiger Stadium 2 years ago (LSU) , but Bama still won the game. I think he missed 2 or maybe even 3 FG's....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Bulovas could have been a hero multiple times over here

Not really. You need to make Fg's to be a hero...here, there or anywhere else. I can't think of any reason a kicker would be any better or worse at school X than school Z. It's not like Atlanta is at a higher altitude than Alabama.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
he had a terrible night kicking in Tiger Stadium 2 years ago (LSU) , but Bama still won the game. I think he missed 2 or maybe even 3 FG's....

He hit the only FG last year in that game. He missed two PATs in that game though. Overall, he is about 75% on FGs with a long of 49. He has missed 8 PATs in two years. He is about 94% on PATs. King is about 53% on FGs and 95% on PATs. Neither is excelling.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Not really. You need to make Fg's to be a hero...here, there or anywhere else. I can't think of any reason a kicker would be any better or worse at school X than school Z. It's not like Atlanta is at a higher altitude than Alabama.
He Hit 75 percent over the past two seasons. The fact that his kickoffs are almost always touch backs would have won us a couple more games

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He missed the kick that would have tied the game and most likely sent it to overtime. He really is not one of the better place kickers in America. You won't see his name as a Lou Groza nominee.

Go Jackets!

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Higher altitude helps with kicking.

Edit, I read what you were saying wrong.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Not that it matters, but Atlanta is about 800 feet higher altitude than Tuscaloosa.