Bama Basketball murder case

slugboy

Staff member
Unless prosecutors can dig up an actual answer to that question beyond conjecture, there's no case.
First, I expect that the victim’s family will be suing for negligence (https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/personal-injury/reasonable-person-standard/).

Second, I think that if Miller wasn’t a probable lottery pick and the star of the most popular team in the state, the police and prosecution would have already been putting together a case. If someone has a shaky explanation, you poke at it. This is at the least laziness on the part of the police and prosecutors.

Miller would have a much better defense lawyer than his buddies, though. It’s easier to convict the people who have no resources.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
First, I expect that the victim’s family will be suing for negligence (https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/personal-injury/reasonable-person-standard/).
Certainly, he could run into civil penalties. His future earnings potential could make those penalties substantial, ironically more so if he isn't charged and convicted criminally. It's a double-edged sword. A criminal conviction would make a civil lawsuit more likely to succeed but enormously reduce the compensation available.
Second, I think that if Miller wasn’t a probable lottery pick and the star of the most popular team in the state, the police and prosecution would have already been putting together a case. If someone has a shaky explanation, you poke at it. This is at the least laziness on the part of the police and prosecutors.
No way to know if police are working on that right now. The investigation, if there is one, should be on the Q.T. Folks thought the case of the four at U. of Idaho was going cold until an arrest warrant was issued. But if neither Miller, nor Miles, nor the perp says Miller knew anything, and there's no evidence he did, there's nothing they can do. Maybe police are sweeping it under the rug, and maybe they're not. There's no way to tell at this point. If they are, it will come out eventually.
Miller would have a much better defense lawyer than his buddies, though. It’s easier to convict the people who have no resources.
Without a doubt.