Avery Sebastian

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Won't or at least shouldn't be a take for us.

We passed on him out of HS.

Just noticed your comment in the "how many spots" thread. What's the reason we passed on him? 4 star and his Cal highlight tape seems good. Is it just deceptive and the staff doesn't think he's very good?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After reading Eric's comments it dawned on me. 4-star out of HS and as a senior at Cal he's not good enough to just go to the draft? Odd.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We passed on him due to stiff hips out of HS.

He's like 2nd or 3rd string at Cal right now...got less and less time as his career went on.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Avery Walls- yeah, I remember him. Didn't he start out at Union Grove HS? He's 5-10 and that was during the Groh era. One of Groh's big deals in assessing recruits was height.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Sociology major going to grad school to get in one more year. What is a sociology major going to study in grad school at GT?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Seems like more of a lean to a factory than Tech. I'm a little leery in taking him....older player coming in is more likely to foul our locker room than a younger guy....just my gut on this one.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
What positions are we looking to fill with those two spots?

Also, any insight on whether some more ships will open up between now and signing day?