Auburn

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
We build teams for the MLB draft, not Omaha. That is how CDH keeps his job.
Very true

Now you MUST win a series against duke or fsu

Lose both and we are out

Getting swept by the worse team in the sec……seriously???

Hall coaches for series wins. We are in tournament ball. Every single game matters.

Likely his sentiment is…well let’s take series from duke

I’m so frustrated with tonight. Just glad my son’s 14u team won their playoff game tonight so I didn’t have to watch most of the game

Appeared by what I did see that auburn wanted it and we were just there
Hope I’m wrong

We are now teetering on back to back years with no regional

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Very true

Lose both and we are out

Hall coaches for series wins. We are in tournament ball. Every single game matters.

I’m so frustrated with tonight. Just glad my son’s 14u team won their playoff game tonight so I didn’t have to watch this

Hope I’m wrong

Auburn played well. They robbed us of two 2-run HRs over the wall. They made a hell of a throw at home and caught Burress napping. We also had a couple of botched plays that should have ended innings but led to runs.

Hats off to their outfield. It made the difference. But I'm not sure I'd simplify it to "they wanted it more."

This season is not over. .500 is the target, but 14-16 with a good showing in the ACC tourney probably gets us in. Let's just beat Duke.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Very true

Lose both and we are out

I’m so frustrated with tonight. Just glad my son’s 14u team won their playoff game tonight so I didn’t have to watch most of the game

Hope I’m wrong

At least we're consistent. We also got swept by the worst team in the ACC! (j/k, sorta. I think Pitt is probably the worst team in the ACC, but Boston College isn't much ahead of them).

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
At least we're consistent. We also got swept by the worst team in the ACC! (j/k, sorta. I think Pitt is probably the worst team in the ACC, but Boston College isn't much ahead of them).
Gtbeak for the win 🏆

I agree that Pitt is the worst but that bc series sticks deeply in my craw

Lose the series…fine
Getting swept at home is why we’re here today fighting the bubble

Needs to be noted that if we were to miss the tournament this year, that’s 4 out of last 7 years not making tourney

Is that acceptable?

2017, 2018, 2023, and possibly 2024

National 3 seed in 19
No 2020 tournament cause Covid cut season short
2021 - Vandy loss
2022-Tennessee- loss

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Pitiful. Several of their pitchers had ERA of 9+! Our pitching was not terrible, just one bad inning.
I just saw the play where Burress was tagged out at home and that was ridiculous the lack of hustle

That’s coaching right there

How does that happen

First rule of baseball- fundamentals
Second- hustle, hustle, hustle

Giesler was ticked and I don’t blame him

Acuna did that years ago on a double where he only got to 1st watching his hit thinking it was gone. Snit was none too pleased.

Last edited:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I just saw the play where Burress was tagged out at home and that was ridiculous the lack of hustle

That’s coaching right there

How does that happen

First rule of baseball- fundamentals
Second- hustle, hustle, hustle

Giesler was ticked and I don’t blame him

Acuna did that years ago on a double where he only got to 1st watching his hit thinking it was gone. Snit was none too pleased.
You can almost tell when our team is disengaged by the mental errors early in a game. Not running out a play, failing to break to the bag for a throw, not running for what looked like was an infield pop up that was probably going into the bullpen area but didn't, etc. We need these players in the game because they're our best, but coaches I've played for put your butt right on the pine. Sent a message about team sports.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is now the time to resurrect the "overperform to expectations" discussion? I'll wait till after Duke. No surprise that our pitching is down to 10th ACC after the Clemson rapings. But we were 13th last year. Our pitching last night against a typically weak hitting team was pretty good outside of Patel:
1715167261936.png

I watched maybe half the game and Auburn (4-20 SEC) may the key plays and we didn't. Sort of flushed the game.

I'll get the Duke post out later today. And I'll try to state the negative positively.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Gtbeak for the win 🏆

I agree that Pitt is the worst but that bc series sticks deeply in my craw

Lose the series…fine
Getting swept at home is why we’re here today fighting the bubble

Needs to be noted that if we were to miss the tournament this year, that’s 4 out of last 7 years not making tourney

Is that acceptable?

2017, 2018, 2023, and possibly 2024

National 3 seed in 19
No 2020 tournament cause Covid cut season short
2021 - Vandy loss
2022-Tennessee- loss
Not acceptable.

2019 was great. But #3 was too high. Not important but worth noting. The committee "fixed" that by placing Auburn in our regional. 😀

Richland County

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe we all could look back at the last 10 years and find very similar conversations surrounding tech baseball regarding being a bubble team. Nothing new here Danny Hall rinse and repeat. If by some miracle Tech is allowed in we all know what is coming next a quick exit and a Danny Hall ***** fest.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe we all could look back at the last 10 years and find very similar conversations surrounding tech baseball regarding being a bubble team. Nothing new here Danny Hall rinse and repeat. If by some miracle Tech is allowed in we all know what is coming next a quick exit and a Danny Hall ***** fest.
Time for Danny to retire.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
Let’s just hope they still have the fight in them. If we tank the Duke series, we will be mentally checked out looking forward to the draft and portal ins/outs.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am sick of GT baseball. The culture is terrible. The out at home plate and the SS not making 100% sure to get the lead runner is absolutely inexcusable. That kind of stuff you should see only in little league ball. CDH needs to hang up his spikes.
I am actually glad Auburn had the 3 run homer in the ninth which made those 2 bone head plays insignificant in our loss.

TheStolenT

Jolly Good Fellow
They had Teixeira in the booth gushing about Danny Hall as we lost to a 4-20 squad at home. The irony is never lost on me.
So much this. I was watching and Tex said something to the effect of Tech has been through alot of football and basketball coaches in Danny Hall's time and it was refreshing to look at the dugout and know what you are going to get, and I was thinking yeah mediocrity. Not many football or basketball coaches would have survived his post season record or lack there of this long.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
So much this. I was watching and Tex said something to the effect of Tech has been through alot of football and basketball coaches in Danny Hall's time and it was refreshing to look at the dugout and know what you are going to get, and I was thinking yeah mediocrity. Not many football or basketball coaches would have survived his post season record or lack there of this long.

I mean we are under .500 in the conference the last decade. 10 years of sample size. Like how do you sit on tv and act like he's awesome? lol