Auburn QB Johnson

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That's why I hate the SEC. They have no academic standards and their fans don't even care. What is the point of a student athlete if they aren't even forced to be real students. Thank you Georgia Tech for doing things the right way even if it's the tough thing to do.

Animal02

Banned
AGE RULE.
A student is ineligible to participate in high
school interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 19th birthday
prior to August 1 of the current school year. If he/she reaches his/her 19th
birthday on or after August 1, he/she shall be eligible for the entire school
year as far as the Age Rule is concerned.
A student is ineligible to participate in junior high interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 16th
birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year, and in middle school interscholastic athletics if he/she
reaches his/her 15th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year.
A student is ineligible to participate on a team, or in a game, composed
only of seventh grade students if he/she reaches his/her 14th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year

http://dnn.ahsaa.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=1vuaqe8+/TI=&tabid=4434

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
AGE RULE.
A student is ineligible to participate in high
school interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 19th birthday
prior to August 1 of the current school year. If he/she reaches his/her 19th
birthday on or after August 1, he/she shall be eligible for the entire school
year as far as the Age Rule is concerned.
A student is ineligible to participate in junior high interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 16th
birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year, and in middle school interscholastic athletics if he/she
reaches his/her 15th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year.
A student is ineligible to participate on a team, or in a game, composed
only of seventh grade students if he/she reaches his/her 14th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year

http://dnn.ahsaa.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=1vuaqe8+/TI=&tabid=4434
So Alabama makes allowances for a player to be held back a year to be bigger and stronger than his teammates, but also to flunk a year. Sweet home Alabama.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Jeremy Johnson was born in November 1991 and played his senior year in 2012 in Alabama. He was 21 at the end of the season. He'll be a 24 year old true junior this year. At 24, I had a BA in philosophy, a BS in poli sci, and was 6 months from my JD. Screw auburn.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
When I was a kid I thought it was unfair that FSU was playing with a 28 year old Chris Weinke and I thought they were cheaters. That’s where my hatred for FSU started.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
So Alabama makes allowances for a player to be held back a year to be bigger and stronger than his teammates, but also to flunk a year. Sweet home Alabama.

Or... It could be that he is a special needs student. I know here on Georgia (and I believe it's federal law) that they are allowed to attend school up age 21 or 22

Josh Joseph

Georgia Tech Fan
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422415510.527515.jpg

Animal02

Banned
When I was a kid I thought it was unfair that FSU was playing with a 28 year old Chris Weinke and I thought they were cheaters. That’s where my hatred for FSU started.

As long as someone has never enrolled in college, they could be 45 and still play......the 5 year clock starts at enrollment......so it was perfectly fair.......