Auburn Prof Spoke out on Special Treatment for Athletes

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
$500k punitive on 145K damages is a big ratio and it means the jury most probably saw the injustice in how he was treated. Until you read the filing you will not know how many supporters he had. you are comparing changes to a fight song to condoning preferential treatment to athletes. This hurts the athletes much more than the school. I will ask you again; how much are you willing to to condone at Auburn.
Even a million is a rounding error.

Auburn can kill the degree. We have lots of degrees that have very low grad rates. Lesbian Studies? Take students, even athletes, out of degree programs and you can quickly defund an entire college.

Tech should probably kill the management degree. Since athletes typically enroll in that vs engineering. (Being fascetious).

TBH, I can only tell you what goes on in my school (Business). I have no special insight into Liberal Arts, Forestry or any other.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Comparing the technological orientated Management degree to a liberal arts degree in public policy is a swipe at Tech just to justify what auburn did with the degree in question. You should read the filing before you make any more ignorant posts, The Auburn athletic department made efforts to weaken down the degree in question because too many of the black athletes were having trouble with some of the courses. You really should take the time to read the filing.. A mil may be a rounding error but
a punitive damage award three times the actual damages speaks volumes to those with an objective eye. I think we are getting closer to seeing how much you are willing to condone at Auburn.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Comparing the technological orientated Management degree to a liberal arts degree in public policy is a swipe at Tech just to justify what auburn did with the degree in question. You should read the filing before you make any more ignorant posts, The Auburn athletic department made efforts to weaken down the degree in question because too many of the black athletes were having trouble with some of the courses. You really should take the time to read the filing.. A mil may be a rounding error but
a punitive damage award three times the actual damages speaks volumes to those with an objective eye. I think we are getting closer to seeing how much you are willing to condone at Auburn.
Keep beating me over the head if it makes you happy. I’ve never experienced or heard of one intervention by the athletics dept. In fact, I’m about to fail 3 football starters and the message from athletic advising was, “Serves them right.”

So I have a totally different first hand experience vs what you, in your lounge chair as a non participant, only read about.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
you said you only have knowledge of what happens in your department; but you seem sure it did not happen in other departments. I on the other hand am going on what was sworn in a court of law. So go ignoring the obvious if that swages your conscience.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
you said you only have knowledge of what happens in your department; but you seem sure it did not happen in other departments. I on the other hand am going on what was sworn in a court of law. So go ignoring the obvious if that swages your conscience.
Once again, we have a failure to communicate.

I do not have any interaction with the College of Liberal Arts or anyone in it. I do not speak for anything THEY do.

As for me, I personally have dealt with the highest levels of athletic advising. I have never seen or heard of ANY interference by Athletics in course design, registration or grading. Not once.

Draw your own conclusions. Peace out.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Yet you jumped on this thread defending a department you know nothing about; Peace out if fine with me.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Monroeville. You know, where Harper Lee grew up with Truman Capote visiting every summer during their childhood as depicted in "To Kill a Mockingbird".
I have family there. My brother in law grew up there. I'm from further south. My sister lived in the same neighborhood of Winston Groome (Forrest Gump) and Fannie Flagg.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have family there. My brother in law grew up there. I'm from further south. My sister lived in the same neighborhood of Winston Groome (Forrest Gump) and Fannie Flagg.
Fairhope? Spanish Fort? Foley? My nephews all live in those places. Two of them went to Auburn majored in Forestry and work for Georgia Pacific and Scott Paper.