Attn: Ibeeballin. Would like your thoughts on Pin and Pull

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Its a power play with a slight twist to it and the lb is going to read through the gaurd. Its not a hard play at all to defend. Its a physical play and its a 4 quarters come at you play. I personally don’t consider attacking the outside either like an outside zone because the lane is usually right on the tackles arse. But thats just me.....its still a tackle tackle play. I would run it all day. Classic power may be my favorite run play of all time. I guess there could be more outside concepts if this maybe going at the 7 or 9 tech harder to stress that edge. In any event its still a staple of the power run game.

i would install it day 1. It has a really good backside play action aspect to it too

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I ended up nixing it. you guys were also right about having too many blocking schemes last year, the kids couldn't handle it. We're blocking everything with a gap scheme this year except for toss which we're just having everybody reach block because that's simple enough I think they can get it. The running game menu this year consists of:

Power
Counter
Iso
Dive
Dive follow
Dive Option (we run the whole dive series up the guards butt, so if he blocks out it's an a gap play and if he blocks and it's a b gap play)
Fold (which is like a single back a gap power play)
Speed option (shotgun only)
Toss

If we get to Trap, Wham, or G kick, I will be surprised

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
SN: I’m surprised wham blocks haven’t been disallowed considering the blocking changes they have made with crackback blocks
Same, honestly. It's a little add on play for us if we get time to install it, not a core feature, but with both our H and Y off the line in wingback positions, we're well positioned for it.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
SN: I’m surprised wham blocks haven’t been disallowed considering the blocking changes they have made with crackback blocks

Hey man, I'm also helping out with the passing game this year, and want to know what you'd call a certain play.

You may remember, we line up in the Paul Johnson formation, except instead of a fullback behind center, we have a tailback 6-7 yards deep, and instead of motioning little guys around the back, we shuffle motion H back types into the lead position, so we can run power/counter/iso/etc, while still presenting 4 verts pre-snap to threaten anybody who comes at us with a 1 high look.

We have these guys labled H and Y, and when we don't motion, we end up with 2 receivers per side plus a tailback.

SO, we run 4 verts, and Y-stick and Mesh (which are basically the same play, one is just a little quicker than the other).

So, I'd like to run that playside linebacker off some, so I want to run sort of like a dagger concept, where we run a seam route with the playside Y, and bring the H across on a shallow cross.

Unlike a dagger, though, we're nto going to Hi/Lo with the split end on the Dig route. Rather, we're going to have him go vertical, and send the TB out into the flat, so the read is exactly the same as Mesh and YStick for the QB. He's reading the Outside linebacker from the Slotback to the TB in the flat.

The difference is that by running the Y up the seam, we're hoping to push the LB a few steps further back and then run the cross underneath him. Ideally this would do 2 things
1) Make it a pretty easy read to the flat
2)Make that linebacker a little bit hesitant to get so deep in his drop, which ought to create a bigger window for 4 verts, which is what we WANT to throw.

So, it's nto quite Dagger, it's not quite Drive.

What would you call that?