Attention all swarm posters!! Please check out Bryce Koon new gatech podcast.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
6805FD8C-E448-4BCC-AA0D-13BB439EF828.png
He just launched a new daily Georgia Tech podcast today. It is a must listen to podcast. He dove into the the state of the program today and his Gibbs thought and the coaches dismissals. I highly recommend listening to it. It was very spot on. It called LockedonGeorgiaTech

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 11744He just launched a new daily Georgia Tech podcast today. It is a must listen to podcast. He dove into the the state of the program today and his Gibbs thought and the coaches dismissals. I highly recommend listening to it. It was very spot on. It called LockedonGeorgiaTech
Alright Bryce, thanks for the heads up. We'll take a listen.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
View attachment 11744He just launched a new daily Georgia Tech podcast today. It is a must listen to podcast. He dove into the the state of the program today and his Gibbs thought and the coaches dismissals. I highly recommend listening to it. It was very spot on. It called LockedonGeorgiaTech
Maybe. Are you actually Bryce Koon in disguise?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
His opinions on why AT should stay are well thought out and not knee jerk reactions. Same with the current state of the program. Seems to want the best for GT and can see down the range. I hope it pans out, but I'll be here regardless.

Notice how we haven't lost any recruits and only 1 player of substance even though "our program is in shambles". Something is brewing. I was recruited by a college that had won 3 games in one season...in basketball. My freshman year, we won 4. Only had 1 senior and he graduated. Got rid of 5 other players, some of whom were starters. Added only 2 contributing recruits. That following season we led the nation in turnaround wins with 14 for a total of 18. We finished top 4 in our conference for the first time ever. Made, to date, the only conference championship and lost by 11 points. "What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?" It takes time, and sometimes it's not pretty, to change a mindset and culture of a team. After that year we lost many seniors, the coach and the new coach brought in a lot of guys who did nothing but were given everything and we went from 18 to 8 to 10 wins the next 2 seasons.

This 2022 signing class has the high potential to be special.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
His opinions on why AT should stay are well thought out and not knee jerk reactions. Same with the current state of the program. Seems to want the best for GT and can see down the range. I hope it pans out, but I'll be here regardless.

Notice how we haven't lost any recruits and only 1 player of substance even though "our program is in shambles". Something is brewing. I was recruited by a college that had won 3 games in one season...in basketball. My freshman year, we won 4. Only had 1 senior and he graduated. Got rid of 5 other players, some of whom were starters. Added only 2 contributing recruits. That following season we led the nation in turnaround wins with 14 for a total of 18. We finished top 4 in our conference for the first time ever. Made, to date, the only conference championship and lost by 11 points. "What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?" It takes time, and sometimes it's not pretty, to change a mindset and culture of a team. After that year we lost many seniors, the coach and the new coach brought in a lot of guys who did nothing but were given everything and we went from 18 to 8 to 10 wins the next 2 seasons.

That's what was said of the 2020 signing class. It's given us Gibbs (who's gone), Sims (who's talented but erratic), Ivey (who has a lot of upside) and Jordan Williams (who ... well, he's big. I'll leave at it that). And that frankly is about it. Oh, Kennard's gotten some PT but that class hasn't done much and already has had a few defections. Aside from Gibbs, it's already lost its highest-rated lineman (Rankins) and Emmanuel Johnson, and that's just off the top of my head. Oh, and Tucker Gleason, too.
And it doesn't matter how talented a class is - if the coaching remains garbage.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
That's what was said of the 2020 signing class. It's given us Gibbs (who's gone), Sims (who's talented but erratic), Ivey (who has a lot of upside) and Jordan Williams (who ... well, he's big. I'll leave at it that). And that frankly is about it. Oh, Kennard's gotten some PT but that class hasn't done much and already has had a few defections. Aside from Gibbs, it's already lost its highest-rated lineman (Rankins) and Emmanuel Johnson, and that's just off the top of my head. Oh, and Tucker Gleason, too.
And it doesn't matter how talented a class is - if the coaching remains garbage.
Coaching is overrated and you haven't listened to the podcast yet obviously so I'll just pass on this discussion. Plenty of other threads for that.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow

I think that big o lineman from Miami is going to be a de commit. Russell Johnson put out last night that he’s erased everything on tech on his social media.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
No. No it isn't. We've got 34 games of evidence to suggest otherwise.
Luke Walton coached the Warriors to 39-4. Hired by the Lakers & Kings after that for a 166-241 record. Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe his first year at Bama. Belichick was 36-44 at the Browns. Jimmies & Joes determine the outcome far more often than the coaches.