Attachou has new "skills"?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Attachou showed some new moves in Saturdays game. Normally I see him trying to beat his man constantly around the "corner". This game he was using some serious head fakes and making the OL guess which way he was going. Perhaps this is totally scheme related, but I do not recall these moves in my previous slow motion reviews.

He is looking good!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't mean to be a downer, but two thoughts went through my mind while watching Attaochu and our DL on Saturday -
1) Attaochu was up against a true freshman OL when making that new move
2) The same OL was overpowered by Dieke

Both have had their moments this year but we have yet to see consistency. If they continue that performance against Pitt I will feel better about the likelihood of them repeating it against Clemson or UGA. Otherwise I'll chalk it up Saturday to just being physically superior (both speed and strength).

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don't mean to be a downer, but two thoughts went through my mind while watching Attaochu and our DL on Saturday -
1) Attaochu was up against a true freshman OL when making that new move
2) The same OL was overpowered by Dieke

Both have had their moments this year but we have yet to see consistency. If they continue that performance against Pitt I will feel better about the likelihood of them repeating it against Clemson or UGA. Otherwise I'll chalk it up Saturday to just being physically superior (both speed and strength).
that's the key

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Attaochu is out of position. Should be at Linebacker.

Also we don't have a pure pass rushing DE.

We had a good string of them in Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Greg Gathers, Felipe Claybrooks, etc...

But no one has stepped up in this role and it could be attributed to not having a pure Pass Rusher at DE.