ATL week 2

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Why should I pay for something when I can always eventually get the same information for free. Are you saying that they had facts about why Gibbs didn't play last week or that he will play this week?
Yes they have all the details on that along with info on other players who are injured/out that aren’t released to the public.

I understand if you don’t want it but it’s so cheap and Rivals even has a 2 month free promo right now. If you spend more than 5 minutes a day following GT sports it’s more than worth the quarter per day or whatever it is.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It seems pretty clear that when we have injuries or other reasons why ATL guys can’t play that forces us to use guys who are BTL even if they were considered “not ready to play.” Are we supposed to just go with 10 guys since we need another guy to play but the only other guy isn’t on the ATL list? Doesn’t that just make sense? Seriously it just sounds to me like the most logical explanation for playing a guy when you didn’t feel like he was ready to be a contributor but you put him in anyway. No?

Geoff also says that it’s a developmental program and guys who are BTL one week could be ATL the next by virtue of their development.
I agree with your last comment about week-to-week. I don't buy the first part about injuries for this particular case. For instance, Coco got into the game as a blocking TE. We have 3 other TE's that were not injured. It's just curious. It would be interesting to hear what CGC has to say about this.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your last comment about week-to-week. I don't buy the first part about injuries for this particular case. For instance, Coco got into the game as a blocking TE. We have 3 other TE's that were not injured. It's just curious. It would be interesting to hear what CGC has to say about this.

I agree that it can’t always be injuries and agree that it would be interesting to hear comments from CGC. That’s why I also said “other reasons.” Though I should have used another phrase besides “can’t play that forces” because really what I was thinking, and did not communicate properly, was ”aren’t playing so we use guys who are BTL...”.

I wonder if for a guy like Coco, who was ATL as a LS but not a TE and there were others who were ATL at DB and returner, if there was something un-reported about the other TEs or if it was just that the coaches felt he had done enough to deserve a chance. So again, it would be interested to hear why.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
No. That's not what it means per Geoff Collins. Look it up. There are tons of articles quoting him about the ATL process. Those who aren't ATL are considered "not ready to play." Those aren't my words, they're his. I don't get why it's hard for you to understand why I'm confused. It's quite simple. It's his system; he developed it. Now he's not following it. I find that curious. Not a problem, just curious.
Maybe it's not for us? If we get confused about the ATL then so will the other team's coaches. I frankly don't need to know 100% of the plans for the game. It looks to me that the ATL is GC's way of not revealing anything useful to the opponents while giving the press what they need to get in their stories. Just my guess.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it's not for us? If we get confused about the ATL then so will the other team's coaches. I frankly don't need to know 100% of the plans for the game. It looks to me that the ATL is GC's way of not revealing anything useful to the opponents while giving the press what they need to get in their stories. Just my guess.
I understand this too. I just said it's curious and it would be interesting to hear what he would have to say about it. Surprised someone hasn't asked him yet. @85Escape I see the point about Coco. He was ATL, just not for TE. Therefore maybe that still counts as ATL. He's a big body and aggressive. He went after that defender hard and punishingly after the blocked PAT. Douse might be the result of others that couldn't go, but this is all speculation. Just curious, like I said before.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why should I pay for something when I can always eventually get the same information for free. Are you saying that they had facts about why Gibbs didn't play last week or that he will play this week?
I don’t pay for either site but I learned from friends that Kelly (rivals) and the guy from 247 had the scoop on Gibbs , Tre, and TK the Friday before the FSU game

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t pay for either site but I learned from friends that Kelly (rivals) and the guy from 247 had the scoop on Gibbs , Tre, and TK the Friday before the FSU game
If you read his twitter account, he's frantically searching for JP Mason right now which means he has no idea if the injury rumor is true.

He tweeted last Saturday that TK was out per the radio broadcast and that he couldn't find Tre warming up. So for a guy with a lot of scoop he sure acts strange on twitter.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
If you read his twitter account, he's frantically searching for JP Mason right now which means he has no idea if the injury rumor is true.

He tweeted last Saturday that TK was out per the radio broadcast and that he couldn't find Tre warming up. So for a guy with a lot of scoop he sure acts strange on twitter.
He’s told us all week not to expect Mason...also has given info on Gibbs, Clayton, and Owens all week too