ATL Chart???

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When did Kaleb Oliver move to Safety from Nickel? Did I miss that previously or is that new? Also, Brooks breaking into the ATL?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Surprised Griffin is not back ATL if he was available last week. Did he travel with the team yesterday?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'll probably take some heat for this, but the ATL chart is one of the most fan unfriendly gimmicks I've ever seen come from Georgia Tech. It makes no sense. Players who are not listed play while some that are listed don't. I understand trying to build a new culture, but you need to take care of the fan base while you're at it. When Covid-19 is over, Tech must start to attract new fans and the ATL list will be seen as confusing.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'll probably take some heat for this, but the ATL chart is one of the most fan unfriendly gimmicks I've ever seen come from Georgia Tech. It makes no sense. Players who are not listed play while some that are listed don't. I understand trying to build a new culture, but you need to take care of the fan base while you're at it. When Covid-19 is over, Tech must start to attract new fans and the ATL list will be seen as confusing.
It’s literally no different than a standard 2 deep chart. The only difference is that the starters aren’t specified. But there are no casual or sidewalk fans that will give a rat’s a$$ whether or not Tech releases an ATL chart or a regular depth chart every week.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

I believe the staff is more concerned about hiding cards from the opposing coaches than about possibly attracting a couple of fans.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Almost like a weather report for Christmas Day. Meaningless.

Milwaukee

Banned
In regards to ATL - Listening to pregame currently with Demetra, interesting tidbit from David Curry, I’m summarizing according to Curry: the way Collins holds practices everyone on the entire roster gets a ton of reps. Early in his career if you weren’t running with the 1’s and 2’s then you weren’t getting many reps to help you improve.

That’s not a knock at the previous regime imo, just shows how different Collins’ approach is. Hope Curry has another big game today.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
In regards to ATL - Listening to pregame currently with Demetra, interesting tidbit from David Curry, I’m summarizing according to Curry: the way Collins holds practices everyone on the entire roster gets a ton of reps. Early in his career if you weren’t running with the 1’s and 2’s then you weren’t getting many reps to help you improve.

That’s not a knock at the previous regime imo, just shows how different Collins’ approach is. Hope Curry has another big game today.
I still think that Curry would make a good coach he knows the game

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We are going to be thin...
From Ken's twitter -
Georgia Tech's unavailables list is considerable: RB Jahmyr Gibbs, C Kenny Cooper, TE Billy Ward, WR Marquez Ezzard, QB Tucker Gleason.
Defense: DE Chico Bennett, Jordan Domineck, Curtis Ryans, S Kaleb Oliver, CB Tre Swilling.

Including Antonneous Clayton (opt-out), top four DE's are out. Only 3 DE's available, including freshmen Jared Ivey and Kyle Kennard.

Milwaukee

Banned
We are going to be thin...
From Ken's twitter -
Georgia Tech's unavailables list is considerable: RB Jahmyr Gibbs, C Kenny Cooper, TE Billy Ward, WR Marquez Ezzard, QB Tucker Gleason.
Defense: DE Chico Bennett, Jordan Domineck, Curtis Ryans, S Kaleb Oliver, CB Tre Swilling.

Including Antonneous Clayton (opt-out), top four DE's are out. Only 3 DE's available, including freshmen Jared Ivey and Kyle Kennard.
OUCH

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Ton of players out today. Only 3 DE’s (2 are freshman), only 4 players to fill both safety spots and nickel

Milwaukee

Banned
41C0BA64-F4C2-4C6C-8C83-E9F8EDD03C63.gif