As crazy as this sounds...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
...is this a "must win" game for Tech? For IHCBK?

:unsure:
Good question but I would say that under the circumstances there is not really a "must win game" for Coach Key. He will be judged by the athletic director and the other administrators not by the whims of an ever fickle fan base. He just needs to focus on one game at a time and get the team prepared to play as best they can. Other things will take care of themselves at the proper time.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
I personally don't think this is a must win game. The guys have played really well since the coaching change and, honestly, this team has kinda exceeded my expectations for the season. I hope we win and at the end of the season, J Batt will have a big decision to make

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I do think this game will give us a good idea of how the rest of the season will play out. We were on our deathbed and have been able to remove the life support and wobble down the hall a couple of times. We are still pretty shaky and showing signs of caving in and losing it near the end a couple of times. If we don't keep playing hard on defense and improving our offense we are susceptible to losing to anyone. If we can show some gains and build a bit more momentum, we might yet walk out of the hospital and jog on down the road eventually.

Go Jackets!

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
If key keeps doing well I wonder if he gets the gig before the end of the season. Recruiting would likely benefit from sooner, but don’t want to do it just for that benefit.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I do think this game will give us a good idea of how the rest of the season will play out. We were on our deathbed and have been able to remove the life support and wobble down the hall a couple of times. We are still pretty shaky and showing signs of caving in and losing it near the end a couple of times. If we don't keep playing hard on defense and improving our offense we are susceptible to losing to anyone. If we can show some gains and build a bit more momentum, we might yet walk out of the hospital and jog on down the road eventually.

Go Jackets!
Why is it that so many members of this forum can relate to your analogy? :LOL:

GoJackets1

Georgia Tech Fan
Virginia just lost to Louisville 34-17, in Charlottesville, two weeks ago! In no way, shape, form, or fashion was any part of this showing acceptable! The defense played bend but don't completely break. That was pretty much it. Virginia had to have had over 400 yards of total offense. Simply put, they are mediocre, at best, on offense! Tonight was a complete mess, especially playing on national television, with a few recruits on campus! I am quite confident this was not a showing an interim coach would wish for when the new AD is on campus and in the stadium. Yikes!

MACHETE

Georgia Tech Fan
Virginia just lost to Louisville 34-17, in Charlottesville, two weeks ago! In no way, shape, form, or fashion was any part of this showing acceptable! The defense played bend but don't completely break. That was pretty much it. Virginia had to have had over 400 yards of total offense. Simply put, they are mediocre, at best, on offense! Tonight was a complete mess, especially playing on national television, with a few recruits on campus! I am quite confident this was not a showing an interim coach would wish for when the new AD is on campus and in the stadium. Yikes!
And to a back up QB at Louisville...

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The Louisville backup QB, Brock Domann, a former 2 star, had a 85.5 QBR in that game. In our game Sims had a QBR of 8.4 and Gibson had a QBR of 7.6.
Wow, if Carter had caught that pass he's have bested Jeff. Pretty remarkable.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
if we’re gonna play that game then there was a blatant missed pi that prevented a huge gain from blackburn
I was just stunned that the QBRs were so close. I would not have thought that a single play in the kid's favor would have reversed the ratings. PI's do not affect QBRs except it takes an incomplete pass off the stat total. I would think that is much less significant than a 25 yd completion.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I was just stunned that the QBRs were so close. I would not have thought that a single play in the kid's favor would have reversed the ratings. PI's do not affect QBRs except it takes an incomplete pass off the stat total. I would think that is much less significant than a 25 yd completion.
As we found out from the Duke game, QBR doesn't always make much sense or mean what we want it to mean.