Article about Harrison Butker's high school kicking program

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
http://www.scoreatl.com/stories/kicker-u-moniker-fits-westminster-to-a-t/

I know I have heard CPJ say stuff about leaving the kickers alone, but could we have one of those consultant people on staff to help the kickers and punters? I remember back when I was a student in the Ross era, I would see a woman working with the punters in BDS.

What CPJ is talking about is not messing with their kicking motion to much. Its like a natural hitter in baseball with a weird swing, the moment you try to correct it things go bad. I mean look how flat Aguayo fell in the NFL because they changed his kicking motion

From the article --- "And now there’s upcoming senior Charlie Ham, the current kicker, who’s been offered by Georgia Tech but admits he’s a Georgia fan." Georgia doesn't usually sign kickers to scholarship, so hopefully Tech can give him a big sell. Maybe Butker can help sway him.

So being a Westminster Grad this is good to see. How many of you remember Jack Westbrook. Safety and punt returner 1980-1983, He was a star tailback at Westminster and on the 1978 AAA State Championship team. Graduated with him in 1980. I remember him returning a punt for a TD against Tennessee. Or Full back Chuck Easley. Scored the wining TD against Clemson 1984, also a Westminster Grad.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
From the article --- "And now there’s upcoming senior Charlie Ham, the current kicker, who’s been offered by Georgia Tech but admits he’s a Georgia fan." Georgia doesn't usually sign kickers to scholarship, so hopefully Tech can give him a big sell. Maybe Butker can help sway him.
Hey our starting catcher for the baseball in 2014 (might be a year off) was a huge UGA fan growing up. People can change!

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Gracey that they mention is a GT legacy. His father David was a 1990 IE grad and a big football fan. He was recruited here but I think they wanted him as a PWO. It's a shame we couldn't get him.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
So being a Westminster Grad this is good to see. How many of you remember Jack Westbrook. Safety and punt returner 1980-1983, He was a star tailback at Westminster and on the 1978 AAA State Championship team. Graduated with him in 1980. I remember him returning a punt for a TD against Tennessee. Or Full back Chuck Easley. Scored the wining TD against Clemson 1984, also a Westminster Grad.
Go Cats... I'm a Westminster grad too and played for Romberg.

Still disappointed that Tech didn't offer Sedrick Hodge.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
And Sturniolo is the opposite of messing with kickers. He's a statistician. When I played there, he used the same cut/stat programs that he used with the falcons for our scouting reports and grading. He might give some guidance on kicking form, but where he's really otherworldly is tracking everything they do and presenting it in a way they understand so they can make informed adjustments.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We just need him to have a convo with Will Bryan.