Arkansas

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I kept my expectations low and got a nice surprise from this team! Way to go, BasketJackets! When Arkansas pressed and came close, our team did not fold. We hit some free throws, were all over the boards, and we actually shot the 3-ball well. Nice improvement over the last game!

Can we hang with Villanova? Another big test comes today.

Go Jackets!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I liked what I saw yesterday, but we have to remember who we were playing. Arkansas is an SEC bottom feeder this year with no NCAA dreams. That is a team we should have beaten, and we did. I think we might have lost that game last year, so this is a good indicator of improvement.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I understand the theory behind Q and Jorgy being in that game and in the past I have defended Q's presence in that situation in a game we ultimately lost.

I just would have gone a different way. None of Jorgy Heath or Smith could seem to guard a folding chair lately, I'd give Jax at least one possession to see if he can make a play. I'd assume he didn't get that opportunity because there is no guarantee you can get him back out on O without burning a TO.

ETA: Lammers does a good job on hedging screens on the ball and did well in help side rotation yesterday. Outside the box score he had a really good game.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
One interesting thing was a strategy that we may see employed more this season with the 30 second clock. Heavy pressing in the back court so that there is limited time to make your play at the other end. Maybe we should look into that to use in some cases.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Trying to be optimistic for MBB, but even though I think CBG is a good guy and a decent recruiter, IMO I don't think he's a great X's and O's coach.
I enjoyed watching the game yesterday, one of the things I seemed to notice from this game and the UT game is that we run our offense a whole lot smoother at the beginning of the game. Looking at the glass half-full maybe CBG will improve as he gains more experience and the confidence issue might improve over time if we keep winning a few.