Are you a “Tech Way NIL” member?

• Yes

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I am for MBB and WBB. I probably won't give for football where 1 player hardly makes a difference on an 85 player team. I see it as doing your part, just like voting. When I give $10/mo for MBB, it doesn't make a difference but if everybody takes my mindset and does their part, it only takes 5,000 fans to get us a really talented starting point guard from the transfer portal.

I ultimately just tack on the cost to my season ticket price, which is great value anyway.

I have actually heard rumors that our NIL pot is severely underestimated - may be true given how successful Damon Stoudamire has been in the transfer portal this offseason.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
What if someone built a NIL contract with a player that is latent with bonuses paid the next athletic year. So say you have a 50K NIL contract with bonuses up to 200K for performance metrics paid the following athletic year. So if one of your 3 stars becomes a stud, you have a heavy money upgrade locked in if they stay another year. That at least gives an argument to a successful player staying versus transferring.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
What if someone built a NIL contract with a player that is latent with bonuses paid the next athletic year. So say you have a 50K NIL contract with bonuses up to 200K for performance metrics paid the following athletic year. So if one of your 3 stars becomes a stud, you have a heavy money upgrade locked in if they stay another year. That at least gives an argument to a successful player staying versus transferring.

I don't think a structure like that would make much of a difference. You can't structure it to require the player to stay, and it doesn't prevent other teams from outbidding. No player would flinch at giving up $200k to make $250k somewhere else (unless they really wanted to stay for other reasons).

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
See Above Yes GIF by Dash Home Loans

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Once I graduate and there are things other than dust in my wallet I’m signing up! I encourage all others who voted no to join me.
We are at a crucial turning point in Tech athletics. No longer bottlenecked by poor management and have new tools in our system. Let’s let them know we’re ready for national recognition and more pleasant Saturdays!

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s interesting how as a fan base we want to be competitive and keep our good players but don’t want to spend the money.
I think it is presumptuous of you to suggest that just because some of us do not believe in making direct payments to student athletes that we are not willing to spend money.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I pay 10 dollars per month. Gotta do what I can!
A modern day IPTAY eh? Back when Charlie Pell was at Clemson, he cheated, got caught and Carolina fans had great fun with T shirts and the like proclaiming that IPTAY meant "Its Probation Time Again Ya'll" Of course, that was when the NCAA had the backbone of a snail instead of being totally useless like today.