Are we bringing back the old school "T"?

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s been available on some products though limited. I have a ball cap with the old school T on it. 47 brand.
Question for the older folks.. who owned the “T” first? Us or Tennessee? I honestly don’t know but was curious. I have some old stuff passed down from my Grandaddy from the 60’s with the old school T that I think should have been our primary logo. It’s so clean.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Question for the older folks.. who owned the “T” first? Us or Tennessee? I honestly don’t know but was curious. I have some old stuff passed down from my Grandaddy from the 60’s with the old school T that I think should have been our primary logo. It’s so clean.
Not sure about timing, but pretty sure the T’s were always different. The Tennessee T has curves, ours does not.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure about timing, but pretty sure the T’s were always different. The Tennessee T has curves, ours does not.
Yeah, I do know about that.. but I also know if I wore a hat with a “T” on it people won’t realize that it is a Tech hat. We need to bring it back.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I believe the "Block T" Tennessee uses was started by Johnnie Majors. We used our T before then. I think Tennessee used an interlocking UT logo before the Block T.
That’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure. I see the “Tech T” dating back to the early 60’s. Not sure when UT’s was created.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a white hat with a gold T. I've had Tech fans ask me at BDS what the Tennessee score was. I still like it.

Not a fan of the Blue Hats though

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Our “T” logo goes back to at least early 60s I believe.

The Tennessee T (which is good branding on their part) I believe came in with Doug Dickey in mid 60s. But nowhere near 100% sure.

The Tennessee T (which is good branding on their part) I believe came in with Doug Dickey in mid 60s. But nowhere near 100% sure.
Tech's "T" goes back way further than the 60s. Like at least 1952, and probably earlier ----
47c7896b90e76013aff865fec8e2e155.jpg

That's Marylyn Monroe on the cover of Look Magazine in 1952, if you're too young to know.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Not sure which came first but I’d guess Tennessee. The shape of the Ts are quite a bit different honestly but many will mistake the Tech T for UT.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Yeah you are right Silas it was Doug Dickey who originally replaced the numbers on the helmet with the T but it was Johnny Majors who updated it in '77 to the now recognized Block T. They now actually call it the "Power T." But Tech had used the T logo long before Utk ever used it. Speaking of T's, I wish they would go back to calling the Spring Game T-Day. That is our culture right there.

jmahone

Georgia Tech Fan